Poison Live

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

daver77
Trash
Trash

Re: Poison Live

Post by daver77 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:53 am

alice sings a different tune in the chorus to poison, particularly the line "i wanna love you but id bette rnot touch" (which in the second chorus is i hear you calling and its needles and pins)

what he sings since brutal planet era is the harmony tune. the last official version of poison where he sings the original album tune (as he does on trashes the world also. is on fistful of alice. there may have been bootlegs etc.

also on stricly come dancing it would appear to me (may be wrong) that he was (at least partially) miming - the vocal appeared just too perfect, even the backing vocals. no disrespect to alice but the bbc regularly do this on their variety shows as it takes too much to set him up on the dancefloor, soundcheck him etc then clear the floor for the next dances. keri kelli struggles to keep up the mime at one point also.

obviously shows like jools holland are live as theyre specifically set up for this situation, each band had a permanent spot. the SCD situation is also why top of the pops performances were mimed until the late 90s, they had so many set up to get through that they just couldnt do it all live logistically.

listen to the first line of each chorus in the 2000 onwards version of poison and there you will see that alice definately does sing it differently now to the original. its my one peeve with alices performance over the last few years and im glad someone else picked up on it. thought i was going mad.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 pm

>also on stricly come dancing it would appear to me (may be wrong) that he was (at least partially) miming -

That has already been discussed in this thread.

> even the backing vocals.

Those were not live.

> the bbc regularly do this on their variety shows as it takes too much to set him up on the dancefloor, soundcheck him etc then clear the floor for the next dances.

You are assuming Alice's segement was a live broadcast. It was not. It was recorded the day before and inserted into the programme. I am almost certain there is an old thread on this.

> keri kelli struggles to keep up the mime at one point also.

You would have to talk to him about that. The band was not playing live, but Alice was singing live.

>its my one peeve with alices performance

Is it really that important to you that it takes precedence over other aspects of his performance?

daver77
Trash
Trash

Post by daver77 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 pm

no andy, as i said it is my ONE peeve, peeve usually denoting a minour issue that makes itself known to you whilst not being a massive problem in the bigger picture. i only brought it up at all because of this thread. dont think ive ever mentioned it to anyone before actually, maybe my cousin once.

i know alices performance wasnt broadcast live but they still have a schedule to keep and generally (not always i grant happy to admit i maybe wrong) if they can make a shortcut with the performance they will. so that was the assumption, not that it was BROADCAST live.

finally i may be a bit behind on old threads, been away from the board for a long time so apologies to everyone if i bring up old stuff

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

>no andy, as i said it is my ONE peeve,

I know. I didn't say you had more than that. Of all the things that could be legitimately complained about, it seems a weird choice. Hopefully that means you're happy with how everything else
is.

>i know alices performance wasnt broadcast live but they still have a schedule to keep and generally (not always i grant happy to admit i maybe wrong) if they can make a shortcut with the performance they will. so that was the assumption, not that it was BROADCAST live.

You wrote "it takes too much to set him up on the dancefloor, soundcheck him etc then clear the floor for the next dances." If it had been a live broadcast, those could have been issues, but since it wasn't, they were not. There were no "next dances" as it was just a recording of a live performance.

daver77
Trash
Trash

Post by daver77 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

yeah im am generally happy with everything else. this latest tour was awesome! as i said, i wouldnt have brought it up, but someone else did as there is a thread dedicated to "does alice sing poison differently" so i thought id add my 2 cents.

and apologies for not being clear, i couldve been clearer i grant you.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 pm

>and apologies for not being clear, i couldve been clearer i grant you.

No problem at all.

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:How about they give the monster hi-top tennis shoes and an iPhone and turn him into "Teenage Frankenstein"?
I'm good with that ! I would love to hear "Teenage Frankenstein" live !!!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Re Poison Live..was good from Basel tonight
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote: But for the love of God, would Alice drop "Feed my Frankenstein" already? I'm not sure I've ever met *anybody* that says they actually really like that song.
*raises hand* I do! And you've met me!

Then again, going into my first Coop show in '05, the only 2 songs of his that I KNEW were School's Out and FMF. That could very well have something to do with it!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

I think Poison has been much better this tour. Not as good as it was in the 90's but I really enjoyed it in Bournemouth.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor