I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow.. wanna help?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Re: I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow.. wanna help?

Post by Lazarus » Sun May 04, 2014 11:54 pm

mr.barlow wrote: My question is why do you feel that it should be talked about? Why do you feel that YOU are entitled to information that Brian's family requested to remain private? Why are you--and some others--so fervent about discussing this? It's nobody's business---it's that simple. It does not affect you in any way. Is there a reason you won't let Brian rest in peace and respect his family's request for privacy? It's disgusting!
I don't think it's disgusting, just curiosity. Renfield was a major part of the AC story. Why shouldn't any fan want to know? That said, I agree with Andy. It's not the place of the AC organization to answer this question, it's up to Brian's family, and if they want to keep the details private, that's that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Rob wrote:
Si wrote:The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.
Along the same lines will it be 30+ years before the Renfield situation will ever be talked about ?
My question is why do you feel that it should be talked about? Why do you feel that YOU are entitled to information that Brian's family requested to remain private? Why are you--and some others--so fervent about discussing this? It's nobody's business---it's that simple. It does not affect you in any way. Is there a reason you won't let Brian rest in peace and respect his family's request for privacy? It's disgusting!

I'm sure many people have wondered what happened. Have you thought that these people might actual care about him and that's why they would like to know? Renfield was a big part of Alice Cooper solo so it is perfectly natural and not disgusting that people wonder just what happened.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 am

>It's not the place of the AC organization

Just for the record, I am not a part "of the AC organization" in case that's what you think.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 05, 2014 8:18 am

so it is perfectly natural

I agree.

>and not disgusting that people wonder just what happened.

If Rob was unaware of the request for privacy, then I agree. However, Rob was a member here at that time, so he would be aware of the request. Maybe he forgot. If he didn't, then mr.barlow is, unfortunately, correct.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 am

My question is why do you feel that it should be talked about? Why do you feel that YOU are entitled to information that Brian's family requested to remain private? Why are you--and some others--so fervent about discussing this? It's nobody's business---it's that simple. It does not affect you in any way. Is there a reason you won't let Brian rest in peace and respect his family's request for privacy? It's disgusting![/quote]

Firstly I disagree with your It's disgusting comment

In answer to your question it`s Brians reputation that I was thinking about,because all the conspiracy stories out there are causing more harm than good,trust me I met Brian many times as did many other fans and had nothing but respect for him,but it hurts me and I would imagine a lot of other fans to see what people have posted since his departure without knowing the facts,Which is why I will not be posting any of the stories that I have been told so far and who knows maybe one of them is correct, it`s just that as time moves on these conspiracy stories will only get worse , and that is the last thing his family or Alice`s management or the fans or friends of Brian need.
This is a Alice discussion forum after all and I am pretty sure that I will not be the last person to ever ask this question, if however it has caused offence in anyway to anybody or broken any of the forum guidelines , then I am sure that Si or the other moderators will respond and if this is removed I respect their decision.
It must be true A_Michael said so

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 05, 2014 11:19 am

>it`s just that as time moves on these conspiracy stories will only get worse

That is a bit of an exaggeration. The internet is hardly awash with theories and almost five years later, they are hardly "worse".

, and that is the last thing his family or Alice`s management or the fans or friends of Brian need.

What an incredibly arrogant statement. How do you know and how is it YOUR decision what they "need"?! They have ALREADY told you what they need in the original statement.

>This is a Alice discussion forum after all

Yes and not a Brian Nelson "forum".

>and I am pretty sure that I will not be the last person to ever ask this question,

That doesn't make it right.

> I respect their decision.

I know you don't mean any harm, but the amount of self - entitlement that goes on around here is staggering.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Brian died. It was unexpected. Those of us who knew him miss him.

What more is there to know?

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 05, 2014 2:02 pm

SickThings wrote:Brian died. It was unexpected. Those of us who knew him miss him.

What more is there to know?

Hunter
Well said.
To make it clear, Brian's family requested privacy, and that is it as far as I am concerned. There will be no speculation allowed here at all. It is private.
End of story.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue May 06, 2014 4:50 am

I'm sure Mr. Swan ended up with some great questions after this thread.