W2MN - the best, the worst

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN - the best, the worst

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:31 am

It's more of a vocoder effect rather than auto-tune.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:38 am

Mr. Skull wrote:Goat Herder said that it wasn't used to fix anything,
it's used to create a certain effect in this song imo.

Like Cher in believe
You could argue that Cher is so addicted to consmetic enhancements, that it spread to her voice. :P

I was looking at this thread, wondering who the hell Goat Herder was, because I couldn't find the original post to see what the reply was responding to, lol. Goat Herder isn't the user name, just the rank.

I've not heard all of this album yet (how are you guys all managing it?), but I'm quite liking What Baby Wants (cool Beat It style), as well as Something to Remember Me By and I'll Bite Your Face Off.

They are all good solid tracks, but I'd need to hear how they fit into the 'story' of the album before I can honestly pass judgement. However, on hearing the songs out of context, I'm very much liking what I am hearing.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:41 am

digitaledge wrote:
Mr. Skull wrote:Goat Herder said that it wasn't used to fix anything,
it's used to create a certain effect in this song imo.

Like Cher in believe
You could argue that Cher is so addicted to consmetic enhancements, that it spread to her voice. :P

I was looking at this thread, wondering who the hell Goat Herder was, because I couldn't find the original post to see what the reply was responding to, lol. Goat Herder isn't the user name, just the rank.

I've not heard all of this album yet (how are you guys all managing it?), but I'm quite liking What Baby Wants (cool Beat It style), as well as Something to Remember Me By and I'll Bite Your Face Off.

They are all good solid tracks, but I'd need to hear how they fit into the 'story' of the album before I can honestly pass judgement. However, on hearing the songs out of context, I'm very much liking what I am hearing.
I honestly think it's the best thing he's done since Dada. The story-line of the album is actually pretty clever and lyrically it's obvious that Alice and Bob spent alot of time on these tunes.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:42 am

Well I will have to rather impatiently wait for the fan pack to arrive. But my anticipation is at fever level. :)

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:07 pm

I haven't heard it yet, all I've heard is some samples. :x

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Guys hang off for another few days, as I have said before, I have downloaded the album and love it but do miss the full experience of reading all the sleeve notes and enjoying the art work. so just hold off a bit longer I promise you the album is well worth the wait.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:02 pm

dadascot wrote:Guys hang off for another few days, as I have said before, I have downloaded the album and love it but do miss the full experience of reading all the sleeve notes and enjoying the art work. so just hold off a bit longer I promise you the album is well worth the wait.
I really wanted to hold off until my fan pack arrived so i could enjoy looking through the magazine with the album on for the first time. However when i saw it for download on amazon my will power let me down. Still looking forwaed to getting all the bonus tracks though.
Boomshanka

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Devils Food wrote:It's not funny and it serves no purpose. The record id a disappointment unfortunately. Alice missed badly this time.
why do my posts keep getting chopped up like this. It doesn't even make sense and it is ridiculous. I didn't break any rules in the original post so why do this. Perhaps someone doesn't like my honest opinions of the record.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 pm

auto tune reports don't worry me..Alice has distorted his voice before..alma mater on schools out and even what do you want from me on Eyes..no big deal to me whether autotune or any other form of vocal effect
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 am

Devils Food wrote:
Devils Food wrote:It's not funny and it serves no purpose. The record id a disappointment unfortunately. Alice missed badly this time.
why do my posts keep getting chopped up like this. It doesn't even make sense and it is ridiculous. I didn't break any rules in the original post so why do this. Perhaps someone doesn't like my honest opinions of the record.
I dont get what you're saying.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 am

I LOVE the album in its entirety, but the thing I just cant accept is that there are SO MANY versions and bonus tracks everywhere in the world, sometimes not available to order for people like me who live in the jungle!!
I've downloaded the album and I love it all. THe song I keep skipping is Gouls Gone Wild.
I agree with you, While Heaven Wept, this is the most solid story in an album concept since dada.
BP and Dragontown had one too, but this is better built. But I dont think it's the best he's done since dada.... I cant qualify just like that ALice's work, Im very subjective.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:52 am

Devils Food wrote:
There was nothing in the Mod Section indicating your post was adjusted/edited, but I'll leave a note for admin.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:30 pm

No one is editing your posts Devilsfood, so it muct be something YOU are doing. What you see is what YOU posted.

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

I get a big impression that the coop is finaly back to his true form ( creative , witty , catchy ) All these elements in one package have been soreley awol to a great degree for a long long time . After Da Da the coop has put out some slick tunes but for the most part something was lacking .

The weak tunes to my likes are caffeine , i'll bite your face off , and scooby doo gone wild . I can see what he was going for and i guess he got it , but these tunes just don't cut the mustard for me .

That said the rest of the tunes do sound very very good indeed . ( Lots and lots of highlights to be had )
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 pm

My favourite is I Am Made of You.

Least favourite is Ghouls Gone Wild.

I adore this album! Took a little while for some tracks to grow on me but now I love it - totally rocks! I've made my own playlist with the original tracks from WTMN and it fits together really well.

I agree that some of the tracks on W2MN could have sort of merged together a little better. Like The Nightmare Returns for instance - too short and enda too suddenly. Would love to have heard it kimd of morph into another song if you get what I mean!

M
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:57 am

alicespoisonuk wrote: I agree that some of the tracks on W2MN could have sort of merged together a little better. Like The Nightmare Returns for instance - too short and enda too suddenly. Would love to have heard it kimd of morph into another song if you get what I mean!

M
That's a fair criticism, I have a feeling the cross-fading of songs is less popular these days due to the advent of mp3s and consumers purchasing individual tracks and constructing playlists. When tracks are merged/crossfaded, they sound abrupt when included in playlists.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

sickthing wrote:My favourite song is I am Made of You.
Total agreement. Outstanding. And Last Man On Earth ain't too shabby either. Worst: Hmmm, maybe What Baby Wants.
Neil Harrison.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

best for me...when hell comes home..as for worst theres nothing that compares with Alices worst past stuff Imo (various lace and whiskey tracks)..so I can't really say a worst..even Ghouls(sounds like Nick Lowe meets Buddy Holly to me) has some merit and is better than Ubangi Stomp in 77..so I don't think anything in worst category..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Ubangi Stop was good.