How can I find out which hotel Alice is staying at?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Re: How can I find out which hotel Alice is staying at?

Post by In Chick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:07 am

I think that where he's shopping or at which hotel he his, is not of our business. Pretty childish.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:35 am

If anyone has a chance to see "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" you should. Neil Peart has some interesting comments regarding fandom and makes a comment similar to "The Who were my all time favorite band in the world, but I would never in my wildest dreams think of trying to track down what hotel they were staying at." Of course Neil is a much more private guy than Alice (from the outset,) but he knows what it's like being in a position similar to Alice.

Happening to bump into him at a mall is another thing. As Kyler said, you have a much better story to tell if you catch Alice in public rather than trying to track him down. Last year someone was in a mall and Alice actually approached HER and her friends to compliment her on her tattoo. They got a picture with him (it was on Flickr if I recall correctly) and seemed wildly enthusiastic. And imagine how much of a major compliment that was to the girl! It was unexpected and something she will never forget.

Having said that, I completely understand that someone does want to meet him. NOTHING wrong with that in the slightest and I hope you do. But we do need to consider that Alice is another party in this and we should be considerate of him during his precious personal time, especially when he might be with family in some cases.
Me = Winning

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:41 am

I completely understand that someone does want to meet him. NOTHING wrong with that in the slightest
It depends, in my view, what do you want to meet him for? Ask yourself that question and then maybe analyse that before you say it is 'right'.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 am

My idea of "meeting" didn't involve illegal activity, if that's what you mean.
Me = Winning

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 am

I always thought that Alice had some body guards, some kind of organisation around him, deciding for him. That he was not approachable. That was great for the girl, then. What I don't like is all the pushing, rude behavior, uncivil, nosy ways of some fans, when you try to meet him.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:06 pm

> some kind of organisation around him, deciding for him.

It depends on the circumstances.

>That he was not approachable

The opposite tends to be true. However, that doesn't mean he should be disturbed in every situation when he is out shopping, for example. In my experience, most people use good judgement in situations like that, though.

>What I don't like is all the pushing, rude behavior, uncivil, nosy ways of some fans, when you try to meet him.

I must admit I've witnessed only a little of that over the years, although Brian Nelson used to have a big list of examples after every tour. There was one incident a little while ago when he was almost trapped in a shop once people recognised him, but at no stage was there any danger or anything like that.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> some kind of organisation around him, deciding for him.

It depends on the circumstances.

>That he was not approachable

The opposite tends to be true. However, that doesn't mean he should be disturbed in every situation when he is out shopping, for example. In my experience, most people use good judgement in situations like that, though.

>What I don't like is all the pushing, rude behavior, uncivil, nosy ways of some fans, when you try to meet him.

I must admit I've witnessed only a little of that over the years, although Brian Nelson used to have a big list of examples after every tour. There was one incident a little while ago when he was almost trapped in a shop once people recognised him, but at no stage was there any danger or anything like that.
Thanks. You seem to know a lot about Alice. Are you in his immediate entourage?

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:23 pm

"Immediate entourage"....now THAT is a new term for me. Is there more than one type of entourage? Is it based on quick availability? Entourage...makes me think of gorgeous people and burly security guys, trailing in his wake.
Are those immediate entourage guys the ones who complete Alice's foursomes for golf?
:)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:18 pm

>Are you in his immediate entourage?

It would be presumptious of me to answer.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:12 pm

GNDM wrote:
"Immediate entourage"....now THAT is a new term for me. Is there more than one type of entourage? Is it based on quick availability? Entourage...makes me think of gorgeous people and burly security guys, trailing in his wake.
Are those immediate entourage guys the ones who complete Alice's foursomes for golf?
:)
Hey you, long hair guy, entourage, THAT is a new term for you? I don't think so, because you have long hair. So, apparently you were around the ACG at the time, right?
If so, tell me about it.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Are you in his immediate entourage?

It would be presumptious of me to answer.
Presumptious, O....K....

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 am

[quote="In Chick"][quote="GNDM"][quote]Thanks. You seem to know a lot about Alice. Are you in his immediate entourage?[/quote]

"Immediate entourage"....now THAT is a new term for me. Is there more than one type of entourage? Is it based on quick availability? Entourage...makes me think of [i]gorgeous[/i] people and burly security guys, trailing in his wake.
Are those [i]immediate entourage[/i] guys the ones who complete Alice's foursomes for golf?
:)[/quote]
Hey you, long hair guy, entourage, THAT is a new term for you? I don't think so, because you have long hair. So, apparently you were around the ACG at the time, right?
If so, tell me about it.[/quote]

that "long hair guy" picture IS a member of the ACG! it's the late glen buxton,who was "GMND's" bro in law. I'm sure there are some great stories......

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:17 am

In Chick wrote:I think that where he's shopping or at which hotel he his, is not of our business. Pretty childish.
Don't you want to meet him? Well, I do. So there. Nanananaaanaaa. *Pokes tongue out*
that "long hair guy" picture IS a member of the ACG! it's the late glen buxton,who was "GMND's" bro in law. I'm sure there are some great stories......
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

I'm sorry. I didn't recognize him. I guess that I don't know nothing about the ACG group and that area. I just know Alice from the group, and I just know their songs by heart, that's all I know, and I guess that I had a little too much to drink yesterday.
My apologies. :(

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:35 pm

cherrypie wrote:
In Chick wrote:I think that where he's shopping or at which hotel he his, is not of our business. Pretty childish.
Don't you want to meet him? Well, I do. So there. Nanananaaanaaa. *Pokes tongue out*
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If I'm not mistaken, and this time I will ask before I talk, this is you and him on the picture? So, you did meet him. You're lucky to have a picture with him, and yes, I would like to meet him, but it's not a reason to stalk him.
You said that you didn't know what to say during the Meet and Greet, maybe next time you will know. :laugh:

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Lol, hope so. I would never bother him if he was out with family, and I'm certainly not hanging around the hotel lobby, or going to any shopping malls. I just trust in that Cooper 'magic' and hope I will be lucky enough to bump into him.
Can you believe I took my Killer LP cover all the way to London and forgot to ask him to sign it? I'd only discovered that I'd wone the tickets about 3 days earlier and it still hadn't sunk in that I was going to meet him after 39 years of being a fan. :)
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com