Deluxe LITD and MOL. What is out there?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Deluxe LITD and MOL. What is out there?

Post by mestreech » Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm

On another forum (Hoffman forum) I opened a new topic on the text below.
If interested please react here or on the Hoffman forum.
Maybe we can help or maybe it will be a bummer but we can try.

Best,
Eric

-----------------------------

Hi,

we got from WARNER/RHINO some great deluxe sets from ALICE COOPER like :

- KILLER
- SCHOOL's OUT
- BILLION DOLLAR BABIES

Very nice packages with special songs and live concerts with an excellent booklet and a very faithfull restored original artwork.
They got raving reviews so I(we) hope that there is a future for the following two deluxe sets :

- LOVE it to DEATH and
- MUSCLE of LOVE

Maybe we can help WARNER/RHINO with a selection of songs/demo's/rehearsels/live shows that are out there.
So fans? Put down your wants or let us know what is out there and maybe we get their attention.
It would be great if the legacy of the original ALICE COOPERgroup could be closed with those two deluxe editions.

PS : I don't think the very first two albums : PRETTIES for YOU and EASY ACTION will fit in commercially for a deluxe box so lets keep it to LITD and MOL.

Good luck.

Eric

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Deluxe LITD and MOL. What is out there?

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 pm

There is an old thread in this Forum that was created long before the recent releases of the aforementioned three DE ACG albums; in it there are lists of possible bonus tracks for all 7 albums. You can scroll down to see the lists for LITD and MOL. Here's a link to the thread:

https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/v ... th#p126427

Ted

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat May 11, 2024 4:05 pm

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Love It to Death
Studio Outtakes
01) Fields of Regret (with Killer quote)
02) I'm Eighteen
03) Black Juju
04) Is It My Body/My Very Own
05) Second Coming/Ballad of Dwight Fry
06) Sun Arise
Live
If only one live track could be released, then surely the encore Return of the Spiders has to be the pick

Muscle of Love
Studio outtakes
01) Man with the Golden Gun
02) Teenage Lament
03) Woman Machine
04) Never Been Sold Before
05) No Respect for the Sleepers (different take than the one on the LaCoAC set)
06) Workin' Up a Sweat
07) Hard Hearted Alice
08) Baby Please Don't Stop (a bit maligned but actually not a bad song - I think it sounds a bit like a Doors throw away tune)
Live
Any show from the too brief B$B Holiday tour, but if only a few cuts were included, then the MoL material done live (BAD, HHA and WUaS)
One of the cool things about the MoL outtakes is that they aren't sweetened (no horns, lacking all those background vocals) so the bare essence of the tunes come through.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat May 11, 2024 6:46 pm

Here’s hoping there’s good stuff still waiting to be tapped. My guess is, if there was, they’d have already done it.
Last edited by Dannorama on Sat May 11, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 pm
There is an old thread in this Forum that was created long before the recent releases of the aforementioned three DE ACG albums; in it there are lists of possible bonus tracks for all 7 albums. You can scroll down to see the lists for LITD and MOL. Here's a link to the thread:

https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/v ... th#p126427

Ted
Gotta say, it was entertaining to watch Andy engage with just about everyone in this forum. I only recall one member who never got into it with him. Then again, Baz never crossed anyone. Loved that guy.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am

What are good liveshows from that period?

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 am

mestreech wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am
I'm far from a bootlegs expert but I don't think there's anything of acceptable audio quality from the Holiday Tour. Although I believe there are at least a couple of full shows.

Current technology could possibly see one of those recordings cleaned up to some sort of release standard, I suppose. The thing is, it seems no such effort was made with the Hollywood Bowl show, which would have been perfect for the School's Out deluxe and a sizeably easier job as well, so I can't see it happening with one of the Muscle of Love gigs.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon May 13, 2024 10:15 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 am
mestreech wrote:
I'm far from a bootlegs expert but I don't think there's anything of acceptable audio quality from the Holiday Tour. Although I believe there are at least a couple of full shows.

Current technology could possibly see one of those recordings cleaned up to some sort of release standard, I suppose. The thing is, it seems no such effort was made with the Hollywood Bowl show, which would have been perfect for the School's Out deluxe and a sizeably easier job as well, so I can't see it happening with one of the Muscle of Love gigs.
What I understand is there is NO complete School's out tour show with decent quality.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 13, 2024 10:57 am

VinceRaven wrote:
mestreech wrote:
If I recall correctly there are three shows from that tour, but none are really of releasable quality.
Anything that may be hidden away in the vaults is perhaps another story.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon May 13, 2024 11:06 am

mestreech wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:15 am
VinceRaven wrote:
mestreech wrote:

What I understand is there is NO complete School's out tour show with decent quality.
I mentioned on another thread that, while it undoubtedly has issues, I personally think the Hollywood Bowl show tape is good enough to have formed part of a release, ideally with a bit of effort made to upgrade it. Others might well disagree.

It certainly seems that there is nothing else known to exist that could be considered.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 13, 2024 11:11 am

mestreech wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:15 am
The best I'm aware of, as mentioned many times before, is the Hollywood Bowl show - but while that is pretty good for a bootleg it is hardly of professional/releasable quality and I'm not sure how much AI could improve it. You can only work with what you have. No other recordings we're aware of are good enough to release.

What we do know is the ABC In Concert programme still exists in full, but they owners simply want silly money for it's use. I don't know if the original tapes (if THEY still exist) have anything not included in the original show.

Parts of the Paris show was transmitted on FM radio in France. It's probably doubtful if the original tapes of that still exists though, and if I recall only a couple of tracks were transmitted at the time.

And again we have no idea what may be lurking in the archives, but the fact we got a second Killer show on the recent deluxe version would suggest there's nothing useable there either.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am

German TV did film at least a bit of the Munich show from November 1972 - the film quality is excellent, the audio sounds like an open air mic but I'd take it. But chances are they didn't film the entire show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaZ4ePRCTk

There has to be a couple of board tapes from the MoL (B$B Holiday) tour. They released a track on the old School set from Rio and Bob Greene mentioned in his book that Artie King had recorded some shows (giving Bob one of them). But who knows if these things survived

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by livinluvin72 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:54 pm

What we do know is the ABC In Concert programme still exists in full, but they owners simply want silly money for it's use. I don't know if the original tapes (if THEY still exist) have anything not included in the original show.

SI When you say owners, do you mean ABC now owned by Disney?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed May 15, 2024 7:22 pm

livinluvin72 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:54 pm

SI When you say owners, do you mean ABC now owned by Disney?
No, I don`t think so. I cant remember who it was off hand, but if you search the internet enough it's probably still listed on the owners site. And in the past I've been told they want really silly money to use the whole show.

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by livinluvin72 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:47 pm

I found Dick Clark Productions which has a website. I emailed them in their general inquiry email box but their email address wasn't good anymore.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon May 20, 2024 4:29 pm

I'm sure managment of Alice or maybe Andy M. can help you with this.