Yep. Here we are.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Yep. Here we are.

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:54 pm

It’s great that Alice has an ambitious tour schedule ahead of him. I’m sure that everyone in the Coop camp is busy with it. That being said, it is getting to be tiresome waiting for news. Many hints have been thrown about a new group album. Alice himself has alluded to it. How about throwing us a bone? Something we can sink our teeth into, not just air.

I know… Bitch Bitch Bitch.

Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Yep. Here we are.

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm

If the project is waiting on a printer, or something else that’s out of their control, that would be completely understandable. But why not show us a sign that it’s a go? Wasn’t it Paranormal that had an online :10 teaser?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:45 pm

I've been thinking for awhile that if there isn't either an official announcement or some credible news re. a new release featuring the ACG by May or June then some of us will likely start to become fairly restless. However, Dannorama may have indicated with the 1st sentence in his OP above one possible reason why we're still waiting for news: Alice's upcoming tour schedule.

I've also been thinking that Alice may not want to release a new (ACG) album while he's also involved in other endeavours, touring being one of them. So it could very well be a matter of waiting for the correct timing re. a new album release, as well as any announcement or solid new about the same.

Ted

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:39 pm

This is just my personal opinion and I have nothing to actually base it on but I would be surprised if there is a new album this year. Alice hasn't really promoted his Road album a ton. He currently is only doing one song off of the album. I think the focus this year will be, even only doing one new song or perhaps in a full show doing two, promoting the Road album. I think any new album is probably not going to be out until next year with a new show.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:39 pm
This is just my personal opinion and I have nothing to actually base it on but I would be surprised if there is a new album this year. Alice hasn't really promoted his Road album a ton. He currently is only doing one song off of the album.
I agree, but bare in mind the Oz shows are around 20-25 minutes shorter than his normal headline set. It's not surprising any other new songs that *may* get played have been dropped for these shows.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Thanks, guys. These are all strong points. I'm told that it's a good thing to practice patience, but I'm weak in that department. Besides, hints can lead to disappointment. I just hope we're not headed for a big, fat nothing.

Weezer put out an entire song promoting their upcoming album, but it was over a year before Van Weezer was released. The Stones just pulled off a brilliant guerilla marketing campaign for Hackney Diamonds. I think Alice and company would get valuable press if they showed that there's something cooking. Be sneaky like the Stones! Hell, it might even sell a few extra tickets to the upcoming shows.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm
Thanks, guys. These are all strong points. I'm told that it's a good thing to practice patience, but I'm weak in that department. Besides, hints can lead to disappointment. I just hope we're not headed for a big, fat nothing.
Firstly, the last sentence in my previous comment should end with 'as well as any announcement or solid news about the same' (I don't seem to be able to edit the comment - no worries).

I can understand your lack of patience in particular regarding the situation with a pending new album; I believe recording of the album was completed by the end of 2022, which is close to a year and a half ago. Re. your last sentence above, the lack of any tangible news regarding a planned upcoming release does sometimes lead to nothing coming out, but as 14 songs were apparently recorded for an album I'm fairly confident that those songs (or at least some of them) are destined to be officially released.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 pm

This is all a prime example why they DON'T release information too far in advance, before everything is set in stone.

There has probably been no official confirmation about any of this *specifically* to avoid speculation and rumour which would possibly leading to disappointment. That the news was leaked likely didn't go down well.

Yes, we know things have been recorded, but pretty much everything else is speculation - including whether such an album is intended to be the NEXT album or not.

We just have to be patient and wait to see what happens.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 pm

Like I said, Bitch Bitch Bitch. I will put on my “patience” hat. I don’t look good in hats. Or anything, for that matter.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 pm

I might be the bearer of bad news here, but I spoke to Dennis about this in Dallas , Texas at the B$B’s re-issue release party last month and he told me…there was nothing upcoming or on the horizon about an OG album 😪. I’m just hoping and praying he has been sworn to some kind of secrecy. 🙏🏻.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

I must add…that he did say …they are more than open to it though.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am

It's difficult to be patient when I might be dead soon - and I'm only half joking. None of us, band members included, are getting any younger, and as each year passes and health problems increase... I'm just saying, If I die before this happens, I'm haunting someone's ass!

I know there have been many rumors and starts and stops on projects over the decades. More so than any other artist I love and follow, and for the most part I've rolled with it, even if was something that sounded intriguing. Plans change, shit happens... but this, this not happening would break my heart.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm

I am impatient too about the next album. But, to be honest Alice with earMusic has released plenty of new material in the recent years. Road is just 8 months released and I dig it so much! So I think it is fair to accept some silence around the next album. I am pretty sure that Alice will soon start talking about it .

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm

I've never really understood why it matters that Alice has a fully-booked tour schedule when it comes to releasing albums. It's probably been since ACAS, maybe even Dirty Diamonds when Alice had a tour that intentionally coincided with a new release that promoted it. He barely plays any new songs, and I'm somewhat surprised by that for Road, given that part of the point of that album is that the touring band was on it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm
I've never really understood why it matters that Alice has a fully-booked tour schedule when it comes to releasing albums.
It clearly doesn't matter. Alice tours around 8 months of EVERY year regardless of any new album, and the dates aren't booked around any release dates either. Even any change in the stageshow is unrelated to the beginning of a new tour. Generally he's on the road from late spring to November/December every year.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm

Very unpopular opinion but I have never been crazy about the possibility of an all original band album. I just think that ship has long long sailed. If it was even attempted (there is some debate if an entire album has been completed or not), it will be compared to the early 70s albums. Does anyone think that a group of guys all in their 70s is going to lyrically come up with a "shock rock" album. Alice doesn't do those type of lyrics for the most part anymore and I am not sure the original band would even write in that style anymore. Frankly the recent songs that were written by the original guys on Alice's most current solo albums haven't been anything special, certainly no better than any of the other songs. If anything, I think he should do another album with the current band playing but this time don't restrict them so much. I like the Road album well enough but would be lying if I said I loved it just because it is safe. It's a good album but a little generic. And in terms of touring if there was an original band album, at best you have them play a few songs on some shows but they aren't the tour warriors Alice is. I think just having them contribute to a few songs on new albums is the way to go. Just my two cents. I am kind of surprised there has been no announcement of a 3rd Hollywood Vampires album.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 am

In my mind, The Road album cannot compete with the likes of “When Hell Comes Home” , “Runaway Train”, “The Sound Of A”, “Fireball” lyrically or musically. As for a tour with the original band, 7 small theater concerts would be the perfect ending for me. For the 7 albums they released, plus the songs they collaborated on during the past few years. Record them all …and put out a live album out of it too. Bingo 🥳👍🏻

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am

Agree whole heartily jacknifejohnny. The recent songs written with the original band are often among my favorites. And I'm not asking them to repeat the goddamned 70s but give us music to the level they have on the 3 albums previous to Road, and I'll be sky high over that, because yes, they are that special!

ParanormalKiller
Trash
Trash

Post by ParanormalKiller » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 am

Here's the thing - I love Road, and it's still 'new'. I don't have to have a new Alice album this quickly, yet. Normally, I'm patient as can be.

However, he has been teasing what eventually was Road and this secret other album for God knows how long. Therein lies the issue - this other album has felt so over-hinted at that I'm kinda sick of waiting for more concrete details. It just gets old.

I'd not be asking for a new Alice album so impatiently if I didn't know that this unknown album has been in the barrel ready to fire for such a long time. Alice just had to open his mouth about it - so now we're like okay...so where is it? Anything?

It's just annoying after awhile. Reminds me of Cheap Trick - they teased a 'new album' in May of 2018 - and we had to wait 3 years for it to finally drop.

I feel like I've waited 2 years already for something concrete about this new album. If Alice hadn't said anything, I'd be much happier being none the wiser.

And it feels like he hasn't even given Road its proper due like...at all. No tour promotion rooted in its imagery, and the fact that the album was made by the touring band yet it's the only album release he's done in...ever that doesn't have any tracks in it by them is almost a joke. The album deserved better attention.

I hope he treats the next album better.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm

ParanormalKiller wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 am
However, he has been teasing (this secret other album) for God knows how long. Therein lies the issue - this other album has felt so over-hinted at that I'm kinda sick of waiting for more concrete details. It just gets old.

I'd not be asking for a new Alice album so impatiently if I didn't know that this unknown album has been in the barrel ready to fire for such a long time. Alice just had to open his mouth about it - so now we're like okay...so where is it? Anything?

It's just annoying after awhile. Reminds me of Cheap Trick - they teased a 'new album' in May of 2018 - and we had to wait 3 years for it to finally drop.
Succinctly put. I'd like to think of AC as anything but getting old, but again - here we are. Also, I'd forgotten about Cheap Trick, but you're right. All that patience wore thin.

To Agrophile's point, I don't think that anyone expects this record to set the world on fire, but that does not diminish our desire to experience it. Glad to know I'm not alone in my struggle with patience. This is the last you'll hear from me on the subject.