Live in the flesh rehearsal footage

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Live in the flesh rehearsal footage

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:24 am

I recently remembered we had bits of the rehearsal footage on the (horrible) snakes and ladders bonus disc for prim cuts.
i was telling my missus about it in the car then when we got home we put it on loud and watched them (after fiddling around with the chapter selection etc)
She couldn't believe how good it was and thought the hanging section in killer was scary and brilliant. She asked me to play the whole gig and ......well still not got a whole version of it, just bits and pieces.
Any reason this was never released (considering the footage is there already with audio presumably off the sound desk)
It is such great footage (even if it is 95% alice focused, which is a shame as the band was my favorite alice band)
Who would own those rights , is that alice ? or would that still be MCA (universal?)
Man, he was so good in the mid to late 80s its unbelievable. Kane, alice, devlin7, paul taylor, Kip and the beast Ken Mary on drums (obviously kip left and was replaced by steve steele but was still great)
Such a great period that is sadly lacking in love. Its good they have dusted off some of those 80s classics , now if only we could get some love for that era in terms of releases.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Live in the flesh rehearsal footage

Post by Si » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:33 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:24 am
I recently remembered we had bits of the rehearsal footage on the (horrible) snakes and ladders bonus disc for prim cuts.
i was telling my missus about it in the car then when we got home we put it on loud and watched them (after fiddling around with the chapter selection etc)
She couldn't believe how good it was and thought the hanging section in killer was scary and brilliant. She asked me to play the whole gig and ......well still not got a whole version of it, just bits and pieces.
Any reason this was never released (considering the footage is there already with audio presumably off the sound desk)
It is such great footage (even if it is 95% alice focused, which is a shame as the band was my favorite alice band)
Who would own those rights , is that alice ? or would that still be MCA (universal?)
Man, he was so good in the mid to late 80s its unbelievable. Kane, alice, devlin7, paul taylor, Kip and the beast Ken Mary on drums (obviously kip left and was replaced by steve steele but was still great)
Such a great period that is sadly lacking in love. Its good they have dusted off some of those 80s classics , now if only we could get some love for that era in terms of releases.
If I remember the rehearsal footage was used/released as none of the RYF/In The Flesh shows were professionally filmed. Money was still short at that point, and remember the Nightmare Returns show was actually filmed in association with MTV which would have alleviated the cost.

Any footage would, as you suspect, be owned by whoever controls the MCA albums now.

As to why the RYF show was never released on it's own, it was probably because, as I say, there wasn't a proper live show filmed (only the rehearsal), and it was so soon after the 'Nightmare Returns' VHS had been released it was probably deemed not worth it. Only a year or so later we had 'Trashes The World' so 1988 was effectively skipped.

Public Animal #9
Trash
Trash

Post by Public Animal #9 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 am

I just saw it on Youtube: Dead Babies and Killer/Hanging scene etc. It is excellent.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:09 pm

I understand why it wasnt released back in the 80s, but some 30 years later it seems an easy win.
I would love to see prince of darkness, chop,chop,chop, gail and roses on white lace. Not to mention all the other classic tracks played on that tour.
i have only ever seen/heard poor quality audio/video of these songs and as it is one of my fave eras i would really love if it was put out as a low budget dvd.
Maybe even with a alice cooper commentary track like he has done previously on welcome to my nightmare.