Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Si, Gorehound, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: holland

Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by mestreech » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:55 am

Straight in from CHRIS PENN - GOOD RECORDS


https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10422

ALICE COOPER
Live From The Astroturf Full Performance

DETAILS
Event: BLACK FRIDAY 2018
Release Date: 11/23/2018
Format: LP
Label: Good Records
Quantity: 3000
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release

MORE INFO
Full instore performance from the legendary night October 6, 2015. Includes a double sided 24”x36” poster, a 11”x11” 16 page booklet/program, 6 trading cards, each b-side of LP will feature a different member at random, there will be 10 different color variants at random in mofi sleeves and each silver foil board gatefold jacket will be stamped and numbered.

1. Caught In A Dream 2. Be My Lover 3. I'm Eighteen 4. Is It My Body 5. No More Mr Nice Guy 6. Under My Wheels 7. School's Out 8. Elected

User avatar
patrick
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by patrick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 am

any chance this could end up on a (widely available) cd ?
you really wouldn't understand..

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 am

patrick wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 am
any chance this could end up on a (widely available) cd ?
Apparently this will be vinyl only to the mainstream, no CDs, downloads or anything else.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

killer wolf
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am
Location: newcastle

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 pm

sounds a great release but vilnyl is of no use to me :-/
not sure why they're going so stupid w/ the variants when the thing is limited to that number of copies anyway? people are going to have a hard enough job just getting one copy never mind 10+
KW
/X\oo/X\

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:53 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 pm
sounds a great release but vilnyl is of no use to me :-/
not sure why they're going so stupid w/ the variants when the thing is limited to that number of copies anyway? people are going to have a hard enough job just getting one copy never mind 10+
I think the colour variants are just a fun touch and it makes each variant one of about 300 rather than 3,000 so quite exclusive. I run a Facebook Group called 'Live From The Astroturf, Alice Cooper' which is well worth subscribing for people who are serious about collecting all 10 variants ;)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

User avatar
patrick
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by patrick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm

contacted my local cd shop, usually taking part in the Record Store Day. Seems the orders had to be placed by yesterday, but he would try to order one..
you really wouldn't understand..

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 am

These are already beginning to appear on eBay at vastly inflated prices ($100+).

A much better idea is to email Chris Penn via goodrecordsrecordings@yahoo.com ;)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rtbuck
Killer
Killer
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by rtbuck » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I would love this album but personally I'm tired of the whole Record Store Day only releases... I'm grateful & lucky that I did get one of the autographed Astro Turf 45's a couple of years ago but it just sucks that you have to wait in line for a long time before the stores open & then you finally get in and...most of the time the store didn't get the product in or they sold it by the time you got to the section...It sucks if you're a fan & you really want that product. You should be able to just order it in advance. There have been a bunch of releases I missed out on over the years because they were already gone by the time I got inside which is both aggravating & disappointing so I give up on record store day. I would be happy if I could at least buy a download of the show so why not make that available to big fans that miss out(I'm not just referring to Alice Cooper releases...)

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:26 am

Unfortunately, that's the whole point of Record Store Day.
All of the Downloads & Digital streaming took away the excitement of being at the store for the doors to open & the rush of finding that were was a copy just for you. Limited copies also make the purchase a rare find & something to treasure. If they just release it digitally later it removes a bit of that value. Also, the demand wouldn't be so great if consumers knew that all they had to do is be patient & wait.
Frustrating as it seems that's the way all concert tickets used to be sold. Camping out in line was a social event akin to being at the show & meeting up with those you waited with at the concert was celebratory! Not the same when the timer is on to choose your seats online & cough up that credit card.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

User avatar
Catweazle
Trash
Trash
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by Catweazle » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 am
These are already beginning to appear on eBay at vastly inflated prices ($100+).

A much better idea is to email Chris Penn via goodrecordsrecordings@yahoo.com ;)


Well I emailed them but they didn't bother to reply.
How much will I have to fork out to those bl**dy ebay or discogs touts this time?

User avatar
patrick
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by patrick » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 pm

oops.. reading all this I guess I don't have too many chances my recordshop will get their order through :-(
(would have costed about 48 GBP , they told me...)
you really wouldn't understand..

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Good Records are generally really good at getting back to people, they were great at fixing fans up hardcore fans with the 7" at a fair price :)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rtbuck
Killer
Killer
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by rtbuck » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:26 am
Unfortunately, that's the whole point of Record Store Day.
All of the Downloads & Digital streaming took away the excitement of being at the store for the doors to open & the rush of finding that were was a copy just for you. Limited copies also make the purchase a rare find & something to treasure. If they just release it digitally later it removes a bit of that value. Also, the demand wouldn't be so great if consumers knew that all they had to do is be patient & wait.
Frustrating as it seems that's the way all concert tickets used to be sold. Camping out in line was a social event akin to being at the show & meeting up with those you waited with at the concert was celebratory! Not the same when the timer is on to choose your seats online & cough up that credit card.
I thought the actual point of Record Store Day was to promote & get customers into the smaller Record Stores. Waiting in Line for concert tix was fun...in my teens & so was waiting in line for record shows in the 80's & 90's but some of us are now physically unable to wait in line anymore so to me that does suck if your a big fan of a band but deprived of a release because you're unable to wait 2 or 3 hours in line & then fight through a crowd. It would be better if you could preorder from the label even if there is only 3000 made. At least that way you know fans who may be disabled or from other countries have a fair chance at getting something they could treasure. I also really don't think a digital download hurts the value of a physical record. I've seen Johnny Thunders Record Store day ep releases still go for a high price & they did put the eps on itunes. I'm just saying I would love to get this Astroturf album but if I cant get it I'd settle for a digital download of it because I'm a Cooper fan & would love to hear it. I'd rather pay itunes for the download & have the band & label make a few more dollars than pay some outrageous price on ebay & line someone else's pockets

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: holland

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by mestreech » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:34 am

In the Netherlands we can pre-order at your recordshop but it's not sure they get everything you want.

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am

I can only re-iterate what I posted earlier, if you want to get hold of this LP then make sure you email goodrecordsrecordings@yahoo.com as soon as possible. This is especially relevant if you live outside of the USA.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

nurserozetta
Killer
Killer
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:18 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am
I can only re-iterate what I posted earlier, if you want to get hold of this LP then make sure you email goodrecordsrecordings@yahoo.com as soon as possible. This is especially relevant if you live outside of the USA.
Nope like the earlier poster said I too have had no response - had the same issue back with the Astroturf single - they don't respond to those outside America it seems

Thankfully I have sourced it elsewhere

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:46 am

nurserozetta wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 am
wind_up_toy wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am
I can only re-iterate what I posted earlier, if you want to get hold of this LP then make sure you email goodrecordsrecordings@yahoo.com as soon as possible. This is especially relevant if you live outside of the USA.
Nope like the earlier poster said I too have had no response - had the same issue back with the Astroturf single - they don't respond to those outside America it seems

Thankfully I have sourced it elsewhere
I'm not in the USA and did source a 7" direct from them in 2016. I expect they're very busy right now but will try and fix people up if at all possible.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:10 pm
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:26 am
Unfortunately, that's the whole point of Record Store Day.
All of the Downloads & Digital streaming took away the excitement of being at the store for the doors to open & the rush of finding that were was a copy just for you. Limited copies also make the purchase a rare find & something to treasure. If they just release it digitally later it removes a bit of that value. Also, the demand wouldn't be so great if consumers knew that all they had to do is be patient & wait.
Frustrating as it seems that's the way all concert tickets used to be sold. Camping out in line was a social event akin to being at the show & meeting up with those you waited with at the concert was celebratory! Not the same when the timer is on to choose your seats online & cough up that credit card.
I thought the actual point of Record Store Day was to promote & get customers into the smaller Record Stores. Waiting in Line for concert tix was fun...in my teens & so was waiting in line for record shows in the 80's & 90's but some of us are now physically unable to wait in line anymore so to me that does suck if your a big fan of a band but deprived of a release because you're unable to wait 2 or 3 hours in line & then fight through a crowd. It would be better if you could preorder from the label even if there is only 3000 made. At least that way you know fans who may be disabled or from other countries have a fair chance at getting something they could treasure. I also really don't think a digital download hurts the value of a physical record. I've seen Johnny Thunders Record Store day ep releases still go for a high price & they did put the eps on itunes. I'm just saying I would love to get this Astroturf album but if I cant get it I'd settle for a digital download of it because I'm a Cooper fan & would love to hear it. I'd rather pay itunes for the download & have the band & label make a few more dollars than pay some outrageous price on ebay & line someone else's pockets
You seem to have missed my point. I didn't delve into the "Brick & Mortar" aspect because we were already discussing that. If you follow the Corporate release schedule, every month has a "Record Store Day", when you have a "Brick & Mortar" nearby. Mine have sadly gone away. "RSD" has designated 1 day a year for vinyl exclusives to bring in foot traffic. If the Record Companies release it digitally later they've missed the point. ::((:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:11 am

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by guttertrash » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:36 pm

I’m not sure why releasing an album digitally months down the road is an issue. We are talking such a limited pressing that there should be plenty of demand for the physical product to help push people into the stores for record store day. If there isn’t enough demand for a physical product to the point that people are willing to wait months down the road for a digital copy, it’s not a product worth putting out to begin with for such an occassion.

And I definitely could careless about the resell value of an item, it’s the equivalent of ticket scalping in which it neither helps the artist and is punitive to the real fans. The person who gets it should be planning to have a keepsake in their collection and enjoy listening to it for a long time, and I guarantee the physical copy will be worth more than it was paid for down the road whether there is digital copies released or not.

Let’s also be honest, you can find pretty much anything ripped and given away digitally these days, so why take money out of the artists pocket by not releasing something digitally?

User avatar
padre_sliprat
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:30 pm

I can sort of understand where collectors are coming from, but to me, I'd rather use what I buy. If you hand me a $100,000 Gibson guitar, I'm going to play it, just like I would any guitar (and pray the head doesn't pop off while I'm at it). For me, that's where the true value lies. Things are made to be consumed. Amongst all of my microphones, I have one reportedly autographed by Alice. Can I prove it? Nope. Does it sound better because of the silver Sharpie? Nope. When people ask whose signature it is, I just say, I hear it's some dude who sings a lot. All that was said to say, how in the world can a person not open the shrink wrap to see what's inside? It would drive me crazy. :D
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Post Reply