Long-time Alice Cooper artist Airic Brumitt needs help

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Long-time Alice Cooper artist Airic Brumitt needs help

Post by SickThings » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Artist Airic Brumitt, who designed Alice Cooper's stage props, costumes, and more for 20 years, is in poor health and needs some help! You can read more about Airic's plight at the link below. His friend Hugh Gallagher has organized the GoFundMe. If you don't know Airic, this is from the description.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-artist-airic-brumitt
I am a musician and an artist. I did artwork for Alice Cooper for 20 plus years. It took pure dedication and lots of hard work for me to make that happen. It was not handed to me. I designed the Alice Cooper half skull and designed stage sets and props, including the Dirty Diamonds “Angel of Death” guillotine. I designed and oversaw the fabrication of and painted stage clothes for Alice and band members. I consulted during photo and video shoots. I contributed with tour book photography and was an all around graphic artist for Alice. That credit shows up in a few tour books, CDs/LPs and even a 1975 concert DVD from Rhino. My art was requested to be displayed in the Tommy Hilfinger “Rockstyle” show at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York from Fall of 1999 though Spring of 2000. My art currently hangs in the Hardrock in New York. I also have mentions and artwork in a few books; the 2nd Kisstory book and the Kiss Tour magazine. The Treasures of the Hardrock Cafe book as well.
Hunter

https://d2g8igdw686xgo.cloudfront.net/3 ... 569_r.jpeg
https://images.gofundme.com/iKuOBX0P9C1 ... ntent.jpeg
https://images.gofundme.com/xlaC-Dgbsvz ... ontent.jpg
https://images.gofundme.com/Gb6SG_wsJvZ ... ontent.jpg

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Long-time Alice Cooper artist Airic Brumitt needs help

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Alice could pay this off easily. Or maybe he could put some stuff up for auction.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Alice could pay this off easily. Or maybe he could put some stuff up for auction.

Something about the love of money...
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 am

Stop saying that Alice can step in. These guys were once in business together - and that's the end of it. We are not talking about personal friendships or close conversations. Professional interaction between suppliers and the Coop camp has been central to Alice's business for 50 years. Sad to hear about person X's personal needs, but Alice cannot possibly be held personally responsible for everyone that the company has shared an orbit with.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 am

Dannorama wrote:Stop saying that Alice can step in. These guys were once in business together - and that's the end of it. We are not talking about personal friendships or close conversations. Professional interaction between suppliers and the Coop camp has been central to Alice's business for 50 years. Sad to hear about person X's personal needs, but Alice cannot possibly be held personally responsible for everyone that the company has shared an orbit with.

I can say whatever I want Danno. Not saying Alice has to step in but it would a nice thing for a caring Christian like Alice to do. How do you know that Alice never had close conversations with him by the way? Poor sod only has $270 in GFM when I looked.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 am

Dannorama wrote:Stop saying that Alice can step in. These guys were once in business together - and that's the end of it. We are not talking about personal friendships or close conversations. Professional interaction between suppliers and the Coop camp has been central to Alice's business for 50 years. Sad to hear about person X's personal needs, but Alice cannot possibly be held personally responsible for everyone that the company has shared an orbit with.

I can say whatever I want Danno. Not saying Alice has to step in but it would a nice thing for a caring Christian like Alice to do. How do you know that Alice never had close conversations with him by the way? Poor sod only has $270 in GFM when I looked.

bmbcali
Trash
Trash

Post by bmbcali » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 am

It is awful that Airic is in the position he is in. However, it is not right or fair for anyone to make assumptions about how much money Alice or anyone makes. We don't know and it isn't our business to know what people's personal expenses are, how much they donate to various charities and causes anonymously (because if you truly want to help someone you do it because you want to, not for publicity or what others think). Finally, we don't know what is going on in Alice's family or anyone else's family (unless they make things public) and immediate family comes first and we should not judge others. Then there are always unplanned family emergencies, accidents, medical issues, accidents, etc. And sometimes people need help with something even money can't buy. Because this is public information, we do know this: https://www.kidney4diego.com/ and https://www.theknot.com/us/sonora-coope ... 89bf7c2443

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 am

Alice asks people for Pudding Money every year. What's wrong with asking Alice? By making this appeal front page news here money is being asked for. Why cant we speculate on Alice's net worth either? There's plenty of news sites that do this. He did after all refer to himself as a Billion Dollar Baby.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 am

I think that, considering the amount they are aiming to raise is relatively small, it's pretty natural to wonder if Alice or Shep couldn't step in. In Shep's book he's written about stuff that show such amounts are almost pocket change to him. He would spend that on a dinner with friends.

However we do not know the situation between the two parties. Or if Maybe they have donated already. It likely wouldn't be make public if they had. In the end as others have said it really isn't our business. We do not know the relationships involved.

What's sad (apart from a health system that leaves so many people in this situation) is that they have only raised another $30 or so since the news came out. Thousands will have seen the posts by now. Nita raised a huge amount in a few hours to help her record an album...

Maybe the lack of incentives is the issue. Maybe adding something like a signed AC sketch to people who donated a certain amount would help bring in the funds. Many people do like to get something out of these things.

Even if everyone who read the notice donated $1 it would help.

I don't know... I just think it's incredibly sad that we live in a world where anyone has to ask for help with essential medical care costs, while our leaders strut around the world with their entourages spending millions on travel, hotels, security and dinners just to get a photo op for the press. For example it said one the news that Trump's hotel room in Singapore reportedly cost more then $10,000 a night!! No idea if it's true, but the fact it's actually believable is just obscene.
Have these people never heard of Skype? It's free!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 pm

I agree with Pitkin on this one. This is a no-brainer for Alice and/or Shep regardless of well....anything!

If need be--just donate the sales of one night's merchandise to the poor guy.

Maybe someone should contact Solid Rock and let them know of this guy's plight.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Hugh, who organized the Airic Brumitt GoFundMe, has posted an update to the GoFundMe page. Hugh is now offering signed prints of three of Airic's Alice-related art pieces, two of which have never even been seen before. For details on how you can get one of these prints, check the "Updates" tab on the GoFundMe page.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-artist-airic-brumitt

https://images.gofundme.com/GeL_i528G_o ... ntent.jpeg

https://images.gofundme.com/_e51M-kn4sT ... ontent.jpg

https://images.gofundme.com/oK9sOarzoaX ... ontent.jpg

Hunter

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:00 am

$1400 of $10k raised so far. Probably about what Depp pays a day for wine.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 am

How a first world country doesn't have Single payer health care ::((:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:How a first world country doesn't have Single payer health care ::((:
I know it's shocking.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:53 am

bmbcali wrote:It is awful that Airic is in the position he is in. However, it is not right or fair for anyone to make assumptions about how much money Alice or anyone makes. We don't know and it isn't our business to know what people's personal expenses are, how much they donate to various charities and causes anonymously (because if you truly want to help someone you do it because you want to, not for publicity or what others think). Finally, we don't know what is going on in Alice's family or anyone else's family (unless they make things public) and immediate family comes first and we should not judge others. Then there are always unplanned family emergencies, accidents, medical issues, accidents, etc. And sometimes people need help with something even money can't buy. Because this is public information, we do know this: https://www.kidney4diego.com/ and https://www.theknot.com/us/sonora-coope ... 89bf7c2443

I hadn't seen the links. A point well made I think. I feel for Airic but we shouldn't judge without the whole story.

As for Sonora and Diego, Stage 5 is not known as end stage for nothing. I can only hope that a donor is found soon and that the wedding is everything they hope for.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

If it had been a bit better thought Out maybe some of the pieces could have been sent to Alice to autograph. I wonder if he even knows.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 am

I'm curious why people think Alice or Shep should help out ? ( Who know they may have in some way anyway - its not for us to judge however).

Airic is someone that has worked with Alice over the years - In 50+ years I'm sure Alice has had numerous dealings with hundreds of different people for various amounts of time.

Heck in my work I deal with people in a business relationship everyday - do I need to help out everyone that falls ill ? I'd like to perhaps but its just not possible or feasible everytime .

It was a business relationship , who knows how many times Alice actually met Airic and how well he knew him ? As Pitkin just said Alice may not even know - he has been on tour since this was first posted.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:52 am

I'm not even sure Alice helped out DD when he was ill with Crones. It's odd some think Alice shouldn't step up yet it's posted here so some think Alice fans should step up. At least we know Alice is there if the Hollywood sign ever needs a new letter.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Alice is very active in Christian philanthropy through Solid Rock helping those in need, so it would not be a big stretch that he would want to help out. At the very least there was once a business relationship with Airic, but I'm quite certain that Airic was paid for his work (I'm sure quite generously) by Alice and Shep (Nightmare Inc) at the time.

It was mentioned on the GoFundMe page that once Brian died, the dynamic changed and his work with ALice ceased. It's my guess that Brian was the "go-between" the parties. In most instances it's "who you know" that gets you in the door--and then out the door as well. An good example is how Alice got his Epic Records deal. Once that connection is broken it's lights out for your business dealings.

I noticed that after my last post asking that someone notify Solid Rock that there was an anonymous donation of $1.000 made to the GoFundMe page. It would not surprise me if that came from one of the main parties--either Solid Rock, ALice or Shep.

I would not expect Alice or anyone to foot the entire bill (although they could easily afford it) but it would be great if they could kick in a significant amount to help out. Or as Pitkin stated--send some signed items or swag that could be used to solicit donations.

I'm sure if the right people were contacted they would be willing to help out.

Unless---and this is a big unless---there was some sort of acrimony in the business dealings and the relationship ended on a sour note.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 am

I can't help but wonder if any of you discussing how much different people should contribute have contributed anything?

I'm not saying you should or should not. But I do think it's pretty ballsy to talk about what any person should or should not do in a situation like this.

If you can help, great. If you can't, great. Either way, discussing what someone else should or shouldn't do is out of line, IMO.