Vampires Tour - going?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Vampires Tour - going?

Post by del » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:42 am

Well, Manchester and Birmingham potentially sold out. If that's the genuinely the case then I take my hat off to them. Usual ticketmaster bollocks in Glasgow and London though with great tickets coming on sale all over the place. Fancy the 5th row anyone?

London looks like a big crowd though which again is good but as I expected Glasgow just hasn't bought in and could be just over half full.

So, overall comfortably over 80% of UK tickets sold for the sheds. A commercial success no doubt.

However, no buzz on these pages and despite the fact that I've liked the Damned since seeing them in '77, quite enjoy the Darkness' madness and will be only one mile away from Glasgow Hydro on the night, I simply can't get enthusiastic enough to walk in and buy a ticket.

Anyone else changed their mind and opted in?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 am

del wrote:Well, Manchester and Birmingham potentially sold out. If that's the genuinely the case then I take my hat off to them. Usual ticketmaster bollocks in Glasgow and London though with great tickets coming on sale all over the place. Fancy the 5th row anyone?

London looks like a big crowd though which again is good but as I expected Glasgow just hasn't bought in and could be just over half full.

So, overall comfortably over 80% of UK tickets sold for the sheds. A commercial success no doubt.

However, no buzz on these pages and despite the fact that I've liked the Damned since seeing them in '77, quite enjoy the Darkness' madness and will be only one mile away from Glasgow Hydro on the night, I simply can't get enthusiastic enough to walk in and buy a ticket.

Anyone else changed their mind and opted in?
Been checking but still found nothing on sale I'm prepared to buy at the proper price. Just ticketmaster still scalping their own half decent tickets for up to £175 a pop.

Not prepared to pay that plus the extortionate parking fees etc to watch the back of someone's head or phone.
If it was standing I would be going to at least three shows, but after having 2nd row at Wembley last time only to have the security guy standing right in front of me the whole night it wasn't worth it. Saw virtually nothing of the show.. just the side of his fat head while he argued with drunk idiots.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 am

I'm looking now at 8th and 10th row Block A at Wembley. Normal price. Not work for you?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:50 am

del wrote:I'm looking now at 8th and 10th row Block A at Wembley. Normal price. Not work for you?
Where? I looked a couple of hours ago and didn't see that at official sites.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:49 am

Still there. Ticketmaster site shows seats in block A2 and A3

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 am

del wrote:Still there. Ticketmaster site shows seats in block A2 and A3
Yes they do, but as I said, £175 (for A3) and £165 (for A2) a pop, NOT face value.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:48 am

Foo Fighters will be in London, likely to turn up ?
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

Rob wrote:Foo Fighters will be in London, likely to turn up ?
Looking at their tour schedule they have a couple of days off so wouldn't be surprised.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 pm

next weekend graspop : HV don't raise much of intrest in the press and on the flyers they are in between smaller bands ... Headliners are Kiss, Ozzy, Iron Maiden ,Guns'n Roses.. so no chance for HV to be headliners..
Still I wonder why Alice and co are satisfied with just being one of the numereous bands. you really have to take a good look to find them on the advertising posters..
you really wouldn't understand..

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Post by Dazdot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Rob wrote:Foo Fighters will be in London, likely to turn up ?
Im going to Manchester to see them on Tuesday, very excited about seeing them. :clap:

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Si wrote:
del wrote:Still there. Ticketmaster site shows seats in block A2 and A3
Yes they do, but as I said, £175 (for A3) and £165 (for A2) a pop, NOT face value.

Sorry Si, just saw that they weren't resale tickets. Hadn't noticed that they were Platinum tickets.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:41 am

Anyone paying a Hundred and Seventy Five quid to see the Vlads Night Out cover band needs their head examined,

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 am

pitkin88 wrote:Anyone paying a Hundred and Seventy Five quid to see the Vlads Night Out cover band needs their head examined,
Looks like nearly all of them have been sold. Must be several hundred of them too.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 am

del wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Anyone paying a Hundred and Seventy Five quid to see the Vlads Night Out cover band needs their head examined,
Looks like nearly all of them have been sold. Must be several hundred of them too.
Interesting thing about Tickemaster platinum is that they *seem* to put a few on sale at a time. I'm pretty sure the ones on sale now aren't the same ones that were on sale a month+ ago.

I *think* what's maybe happening is that they are withholding blocks of tickets from general sale, and as a few sell at their inflated platinum price, they put out a few more for the same hiked up prices. They keep doing this until the night of the show when any that are left they just sell out of the box office or somewhere at face value to shift them. It doesn't really matter to them if they all sell, as they've made triple face value on the rest.

Just a guess, but it seems odd that people do buy tickets on the secondary market for much more money, when the Platinums are still available.

I'm guessing they would claim they are doing the inflated platinum tickets to stop the scalpers getting £300+ a ticket, which is fine, but of course they are effectively scalping themselves which is not.

Maybe a better way to stop scalpers would be to release random sets of tickets for a show, at face value, constantly over the preceding months. That would do the same job and be fairer. Of course there's no guarantee the scalpers wouldn't get hold of these as well, but with the knowledge more would go on sale the following week at face value it could remove much of the motivation for scalpers to gamble on being able to sellat their high prices.

Just random thoughts really..

Alma Mater
Trash
Trash

Post by Alma Mater » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 am

Anyone know what time approximately each of the three bands came on in Birmingham and/or Manchester thanks?

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm

This is what`s listed for Glasgow

18:00: Doors open / 19:00: The Damned / 20:10: The Darkness
21:30: Hollywood Vampires / 23:00: Curfew
It must be true A_Michael said so

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 am

I'm actually looking forward to the show tomorrow.

I posted this is another thread, but we got the following tickets off Amazon (they've since stopped offering this service I believe):

Enjoy premium seats and entry to the cool backstage Amazon Prime lounge at The SSE Arena, Wembley. Each ticket purchase includes:
• VIP entry
• A welcome drink on arrival
• A unique backstage perspective where you can watch the set-up of the show
• Access to a private bar and facilities

They were about £90 each and we're in Row 10 I think.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Ok...talked myself into it. I'm going.

Just bought 5th row at face value. Hope you got lucky too Si.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 am

£90 for effectively just a drink on top of the ticket seems a bit much.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 am

What a gig!!! Alice was in brilliant form! His voice was really strong the new stuff sounds excellent! Our group, who were also at November's gig, absolutely loved it. The gig was packed. I couldn't see any empty seats. The atmosphere was electric. For all you doubters, Johnny Depp was excellent, great stage presence but certainly not arrogant. But no-one took the limelight off Alice he rocked it. Loved it!if there were any just there to see Jd they came away Alice fans!