New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by Si » Mon May 22, 2017 1:52 pm

suziginajackson wrote:It looks like the Amazon UK listing for the box set version of 'Paranormal' has been changed

Instead of stating that it contains 4 discs, it now says it only contains 2.

Although nothing is mentioned as yet, I wonder if this means it will also contain the 'T' shirt as previously mentioned to make it a special purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormal-Ali ... ice+Cooper
I'm guessing we'll get a full list of all the versions etc in enough time to order it. Just have to be patient. I doubt we'll have to wait much longer.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm

suziginajackson wrote:It looks like the Amazon UK listing for the box set version of 'Paranormal' has been changed

Instead of stating that it contains 4 discs, it now says it only contains 2.

Although nothing is mentioned as yet, I wonder if this means it will also contain the 'T' shirt as previously mentioned to make it a special purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormal-Ali ... ice+Cooper

I would say it's like the Deep Purple 'mini' box then;

https://img.tmstor.es/deeppurple/31621.jpg

Hopefully there will also be the big box version that had the LP

https://deeppurpletourpage.files.wordpr ... .jpg?w=652

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu May 25, 2017 2:50 pm

From the "For What It's Worth" department, I've noticed that earMUSIC has updated their web site, and it now includes Alice as part of their roster. Interestingly, his is the only profile in the Artists section to show only a logo. This makes me think that we are about to see a whole new batch of official portraits to coincide with the Paranormal artwork. Something to watch for!
...And, by "official portrait," I mean shots like these from the W2MN session. These are the go-to shots that publishers use to advertise upcoming shows, etc...
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Dannorama wrote:...And, by "official portrait," I mean shots like these from the W2MN session. These are the go-to shots that publishers use to advertise upcoming shows, etc...
Let us pray for an improvement...

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 am

Guess what's coming this July? If you guessed a BRAND-NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM, YOU'D BE RIGHT. Do you know what the first single is? WE DO. Do you want to hear it? Stay tuned, NWAC will bring it to you FIRST. Here's your first tidbit: It's called.... wait for it... "Paranoiac Personality." Let the games begin, minions!!!!!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 am

I wonder if the new single mentioned will be played on his radio show maybe this week or next week? Hope this weekend though. Also since a new single coming soon im guessing that the cover artwork and full tracklisting will be unveiled soon thereafter especially with new single people will want to know this info as well soon after. Right?

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri May 26, 2017 4:42 am

AliceFan wrote:I wonder if the new single mentioned will be played on his radio show maybe this week or next week? Hope this weekend though. Also since a new single coming soon im guessing that the cover artwork and full tracklisting will be unveiled soon thereafter especially with new single people will want to know this info as well soon after. Right?
I presume after NWAC play the song earmusic will officially announce paranormal details and have a lyric video for Paranoiac Personality. We are getting close now :laugh:

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 am

Thanks for the quick response, but how soon do you think it will be before NWAC plays the new single? Probably early next month? Right?

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri May 26, 2017 6:30 am

AliceFan wrote:Thanks for the quick response, but how soon do you think it will be before NWAC plays the new single? Probably early next month? Right?

The fact they are teasing a new single should mean within the next couple of weeks at the latest.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri May 26, 2017 1:32 pm

That song title sounds like it may possibly be the source for the "Faster" clip...
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat May 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
AliceFan wrote:I wonder if the new single mentioned will be played on his radio show maybe this week or next week? Hope this weekend though. Also since a new single coming soon im guessing that the cover artwork and full tracklisting will be unveiled soon thereafter especially with new single people will want to know this info as well soon after. Right?
I presume after NWAC play the song earmusic will officially announce paranormal details and have a lyric video for Paranoiac Personality. We are getting close now :laugh:
I don't think the rest of the Paranormal album details like artwork,tracklisting will be announced a few weeks after the single cause Si just posted today on his news section that NWAC will play the single now in July. So the Paranormal details I assume will be released in a few weeks before the single now obviously. Right?? cant wait to see the Artwork and rest of tracklisting especially with the cool album title.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 27, 2017 11:33 pm

AliceFan wrote: I don't think the rest of the Paranormal album details like artwork,tracklisting will be announced a few weeks after the single cause Si just posted today on his news section that NWAC will play the single now in July. So the Paranormal details I assume will be released in a few weeks before the single now obviously. Right?? cant wait to see the Artwork and rest of tracklisting especially with the cool album title.
I don`t think the two events have to be linked.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun May 28, 2017 12:25 am

Si wrote:
AliceFan wrote: I don't think the rest of the Paranormal album details like artwork,tracklisting will be announced a few weeks after the single cause Si just posted today on his news section that NWAC will play the single now in July. So the Paranormal details I assume will be released in a few weeks before the single now obviously. Right?? cant wait to see the Artwork and rest of tracklisting especially with the cool album title.
I don`t think the two events have to be linked.
So you're basically saying that they're 2 different promotional things for the album. And that they don't coincide with each other. So I'm guessing that the artwork, tracklisting will be announced first? Right? And very soon announced?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun May 28, 2017 1:13 am

AliceFan wrote: So you're basically saying that they're 2 different promotional things for the album. And that they don't coincide with each other. So I'm guessing that the artwork, tracklisting will be announced first? Right? And very soon announced?
It could be released first... or it could be released after.
What I'm saying is that I don`t think the day the play the new song on NWAC has any real connection to the day the album info will be released. Who knows, maybe this time the will get it more co-ordinated.
In the end it doesn`t really mater when that info is released. It will be before the album is released, doesn`t really matter when.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun May 28, 2017 1:20 am

Si wrote:
AliceFan wrote: So you're basically saying that they're 2 different promotional things for the album. And that they don't coincide with each other. So I'm guessing that the artwork, tracklisting will be announced first? Right? And very soon announced?
It could be released first... or it could be released after.
What I'm saying is that I don`t think the day the play the new song on NWAC has any real connection to the day the album info will be released. Who knows, maybe this time the will get it more co-ordinated.
In the end it doesn`t really mater when that info is released. It will be before the album is released, doesn`t really matter when.
It matters to me when the album details especially artwork is announced cause I've always found Alice's album covers very cool and interesting and I like to put a picture to the album especially when the album has a title as cool as "paranormal . Personally I think they will announce the album details very soon is my opinion and I think it will work out that way,cause you usually know this information at least a month in advance with all upcoming album releeases.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun May 28, 2017 3:43 am

I'm thinking that maybe this time Alice will release all of the album artwork, track listing and other info about two weeks after the album is released to the public.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:51 am

mr.barlow wrote:I'm thinking that maybe this time Alice will release all of the album artwork, track listing and other info about two weeks after the album is released to the public.

I'm thinking there should be no artwork at all. Instead there would be a youtube link to 8hrs of static with snippets of songs and half lyrics and it would be left to the listener to come up with the titles. Either that or Alice Cooper urinating on John Denvers grave.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 am

Someone posted this on an Alice bookFace page:

"I was lucky enough to already hear two songs from the album...those doing VIP should have the same opportunity. However, I was pretty focused on the other things happening in the room at the time.

I liked what I heard, but I was not focusing on them. The one I remember was ‘I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl" featuring Billy Gibbons, which to me sounded like something in the same vein as Welcome To My Nightmare 2"

Could be complete twaddle, and I can't see how you could compare 1 song to the whole of W2MN, but thought I'd share nonetheless.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun May 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I was told that they're playing a couple of the songs during the VIP Meet and Greets, so that part is accurate, at least for some of the M&Gs....

Hunter

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Ugh. "Welcome to My Nightmare 2" similarity first thing thrown out by somebody's first assessment. Definitely not making things sound more hopeful.