Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by Si » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:01 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:This comment was very recently posted in an ACG facebook Group:

NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM
Only 3 songs with The Original ALICE COOPER Band

So if the above is accurate it looks like the comedy of hybrid ACG reunions continue.

Somebody posted a comment in response that Alice, MB, NS and DD actually recorded a total of 6 songs.

Ted

There were 3 on the last album. Not sure why anyone would be expecting more. Maybe the other tracks might end up as bonus cuts somewhere else.
Exactly. Wouldn`t be surprised at all.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:40 am

Si wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM

So if the above is accurate it looks like the comedy of hybrid ACG reunions continue.

Ted
Not sure why this would be much of a surprise. I think most of us assumed that was the case. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

Despite what some people have been saying (including some journalists), I don`t recall there ever being the suggestion it would be a full reunion album from anyone involved.
The problem was, as pointed out here before, some journalists took a couple of sentences from interviews and created the headline "Alice Cooper Reunites with original band for album", and lots of people never bothered to read beyond that.
I knew it would all end in tears the moment I saw those headlines.
Actually, my purpose in re-posting the announcement here was to draw attention to the fact that nothing has changed from W2MN to the upcoming album release as both contain/will contain 3 songs which are collaborations with the original Group.

Regarding Si's comment, when I first read the headline(s) he refers to I had my doubts about it being a 'full album' reunion, since there had previously been some unconfirmed and/or confirmed reports of another collaboration between Alice MB, NS and DD. And of course I knew that the last time it happened, only 3 songs on W2MN was the result.

And yes, I did read the articles under the headline which explained the details.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:45 am

Ted Sallis wrote: Actually, my purpose in re-posting the announcement here was to draw attention to the fact that nothing has changed from W2MN to the upcoming album release as both contain/will contain 3 songs which are collaborations with the original Group.

Regarding Si's comment, when I first read the headline(s) he refers to I had my doubts about it being a 'full album' reunion, since there had previously been some unconfirmed and/or confirmed reports of another collaboration between Alice MB, NS and DD. And of course I knew that the last time it happened, only 3 songs on W2MN was the result.

And yes, I did read the articles under the headline which explained the details.

Ted
Fair enough. Good for you.
Unfortunately a lot of people, especially on facebook, didn`t seem to read them. You wouldn`t believe the number of emails/PM's I got asking if it was true...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:45 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM

Somebody posted a comment in response that Alice, MB, NS and DD actually recorded a total of 6 songs.

Ted
Maybe the other tracks might end up as bonus cuts somewhere else.
I/we can only hope so, assuming the tracks are up to snuff.

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 am

Si wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:Regarding Si's comment, when I first read the headline(s) he refers to I had my doubts about it being a 'full album' reunion, since there had previously been some unconfirmed and/or confirmed reports of another collaboration between Alice MB, NS and DD. And of course I knew that the last time it happened, only 3 songs on W2MN was the result.

Ted
Fair enough. Good for you.
Unfortunately a lot of people, especially on facebook, didn`t seem to read them. You wouldn`t believe the number of emails/PM's I got asking if it was true...
That is unfortunate. But journalists who worded the headline the way they did might deserve a bit of the blame, since they may have done so on purpose to make it seem like a bigger announcement than it actually was. Some journalists do that.

Ted

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 am

I think the fact alone that only three songs out of six recorded are being included speaks volumes as to why there is not a full reunion album. The material is just not there.

They could have resorted to using outside writers to produce material but then that would ruffle the feathers of the original band purists. What good is an original band reunion if they are recording songs written by others? They wrote what they could and Alice and Ezrin chose what they felt was worthy of release.

Also, has anyone spoken with the original members about only the three songs being included? Are they as upset about it as some on this forum are?

Maybe Jim Buttfudge could take to social media and call for a boycott of the album since only three out of six songs were chosen. I mean it's just not right!!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 am

mr.barlow wrote:I think the fact alone that only three songs out of six recorded are being included speaks volumes as to why there is not a full reunion album. The material is just not there.

They could have resorted to using outside writers to produce material but then that would ruffle the feathers of the original band purists. What good is an original band reunion if they are recording songs written by others? They wrote what they could and Alice and Ezrin chose what they felt was worthy of release.

Also, has anyone spoken with the original members about only the three songs being included? Are they as upset about it as some on this forum are?

Maybe Jim Buttfudge could take to social media and call for a boycott of the album since only three out of six songs were chosen. I mean it's just not right!!
"Worthy of release" may or may not be the same as "fit with the theme/feel of the Alice solo album that was being made. "

Just a thought.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 am

mr.barlow wrote:I think the fact alone that only three songs out of six recorded are being included speaks volumes as to why there is not a full reunion album. The material is just not there.

They wrote what they could and Alice and Ezrin chose what they felt was worthy of release.

Your reason for only 3 songs being included (the material not being there) may be right, it may not. And yes, Alice and BE chose what to include. I don't know whether or not the songs being worthy of release was the only criteria for their choices.

I don't know whom this Jim Buttfudge character you refer to is (is it an inside joke?) but if he is an actual person - his last name suggests it could be someone using an alias - and as much an ACG fan as your comment suggests, I wish he'd post here himself so we can add his 'voice' to the chorus of ACG supporters.

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 am

Alice writes songs for his albums that don't make it too. Under The Bed was one that was an absolute standout and way better than moat of the album. Its exclusion was it didn't fit the story line not that it was sub par. You where not at the new album recording sesions so you really have no idea whether the material is there or not. The constant band bashing and rewriting history with Dick Wagner did this and that and the genius of Shep and Alice is starting to get tiring.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 am

I seem to remember predicting that their would be three or four ACG songs on the Album. I would have liked more but without hearing them there is no way to know if they should be on the album or not! I believe that 'under the bed' should have replaced the dreadful 'ghouls gone wild' which in my opinion would have changed W2MN from a good Alice album to a great album, but since there is no chance of BE consulting me on the running order (his loss lol) I guess it is will just remain a personal opinion. Alice usually writes enough songs for a couple of albums and then pairs them down.

Having said that I can now feel the excitement start to grow! A release date, the start of an advertising campaign, little teasers, the ACG having a couple of gigs, ACG songs on the album....Alice has finally been listening to what I have been telling him all along!

As to the perennial solo vs ACG (yawn) I got into Alice along the time of special forces which such a superb gig but my first LP was 'greatest hits'. We all have such varied tastes on this forum, some love BP, Dragontown even ACAS! RYFAY is a strong favourite with many, personally I dislike all these albums although each has at least something I would put in a compilation album. I love TLT, FTI, and one of my favourites is his most marmite album 'Dada'. If he had stopped recording after MOL we wouldn't have a forum, certainly not such an entertaining one! We can never know what would have happened if the band had stayed together! A steady decline? A resurgence? personally I would think something similar as to what happened solo, a mixed bag of some classics, some greats and some mediocre.
But lets just look forward......to the 28/7 and get ready to rock once more!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:04 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
Si wrote: Fair enough. Good for you.
That is unfortunate. But journalists who worded the headline the way they did might deserve a bit of the blame, since they may have done so on purpose to make it seem like a bigger announcement than it actually was. Some journalists do that.

Ted
Oh absolutely. Of course they did it on purpose. It was click-bait for fans, but a lot of people didn`t fall for the bait and just went by the title haha

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 am

I don't think that automatically follows. They just could have been saved for something else, not fit the flow of the record, or all sorts of reasons (plus we don`t know yet of its even true).
Remember 'Under The Bed' was left off W2MN, as were two songs on ACAS that were better then most of what was on that album! They were bonus tracks.

Edit: Sorry hadn`t seen that Pitkin had already pointed some of this out.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:03 am

Ted Sallis wrote:This comment was very recently posted in an ACG facebook Group:

NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM

Why do you think it is a comedy?

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:31 am

So can we assume that the record will be released via ear music , which is the label Deep Purple are with , as they posted the teaser trailer video ?
:/
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:36 am

Rob wrote:So can we assume that the record will be released via ear music , which is the label Deep Purple are with , as they posted the teaser trailer video ?
I would think that is a pretty safe assumption haha

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Hopefully there will only be a few variants rather than the 6 or 7 that came out for W2MN!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:06 pm

You would think at least 2 cd versions and a vinyl , maybe a single , would like think that as Alice will be in Europe at release time promotion will be at it`s max ! , more interesting will be if they drop any new tracks into the summer European dates setlist or wait till the winter dates , going by previous events I am not going to hold my breath on either
It must be true A_Michael said so

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Rob wrote:You would think at least 2 cd versions and a vinyl , maybe a single , would like think that as Alice will be in Europe at release time promotion will be at it`s max ! , more interesting will be if they drop any new tracks into the summer European dates setlist or wait till the winter dates , going by previous events I am not going to hold my breath on either

I would expect no more than two songs from the new cd to be played live.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Question about the promo. Do you think that bass playing is Dennis? I have a sneaking suspicion.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:06 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Question about the promo. Do you think that bass playing is Dennis? I have a sneaking suspicion.

You cant tell just be listening? ;)
I have asked but not received an answer as yet. Could be it's still a secret.