Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Dennis Dunaway Talks New Album and Lost Song

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 am

From antiMusic.com comes a very interesting article; just below is an excerpt:

He (Dennis) was also asked about the upcoming release of the lost song "School's Back In" and had this to say, "Warner Bros. is going to put out a re-issue of a couple of the original bands albums. Each one of them will have a live show. There will even be some outtakes.

There is a link to the full interview w/Dennis at the bottom of the article; here's a link to the article: http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/Februa ... Song.shtml

As we already have the BDB Deluxe 2 CD and the 'lost song' is called School's Back In, could 1 of the aforementioned to be reissued albums be School's Out?

Ted

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Dennis Dunaway Talks New Album and Lost Song

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:01 am

Best AC news I've read in years. So overdue, hopefully this comes into being this year. I wonder if WB owns tapes that the Alice camp and the band members themselves didn't have. Fanfreakintastic!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 am

Fingers crossed we will get something cool. Let's hope it's mastered well. The BDB's 2 cd is an ear bleeder.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:58 am

Great news!!! This is what I waited for years.
The only strange thing is that the "new"song is never mentioned not even by Brian Nelson.
And that there still are outtakes???
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"I wonder if WB owns tapes that the Alice camp and the band members themselves didn't have."

That is the case, based on my undrstanding.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:16 pm

From mestreetch:
"The only strange thing is that the "new"song is never mentioned not even by Brian Nelson."

Actually both Alice and Dennis have mentioned it quite a few times over the years in various interviews.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:53 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From mestreetch:
"The only strange thing is that the "new"song is never mentioned not even by Brian Nelson."

Actually both Alice and Dennis have mentioned it quite a few times over the years in various interviews.

Ok I missed that.
Is there any news on a releasedate?
And what are the albums we are talking about?
I hope Love/Killer/Schools/B$B/Muscle.
And my greatest wish would be a vinylrelease.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm

From metreetch:
"Is there any news on a releasedate?"

I don't have any information that I can give out but obviously there will be an announcement.

>B$B

That one has already been released.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm

June is the 45th anniversary of School's Out... Just throwing that out there. All in all, this is very welcome news. Fingers crossed that we may get 5.1 surround versions as well. It's an outside chance, but still... that would be great. Regardless, I am an instant sale for everything that they will have to offer.

Also, Andy - can you let us know if you are involved at all? I would be very interested in an immersion-style version of these albums. Maybe even a box of each? Now I'm getting ahead of myself...

Let's not disregard what Dennis says about the new album as well. This also sounds very promising.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From metreetch:
"Is there any news on a releasedate?"

I don't have any information that I can give out but obviously there will be an announcement.

>B$B

That one has already been released.
Ok but the Killershow was in the box so do we get no Killershow or a different one?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm

From Dannorama:
"Also, Andy - can you let us know if you are involved at all?"

Yes, there has been some involvement.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 pm

@Andy. Is the new song an original outtake or has it been reworked in this time?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Dannorama wrote:June is the 45th anniversary of School's Out... Just throwing that out there...I am an instant sale for everything that they will have to offer.

I would be very interested in an immersion-style version of these albums. Maybe even a box of each? Now I'm getting ahead of myself...

Let's not disregard what Dennis says about the new album as well. This also sounds very promising.
I'm currently listening to the interview w/Dennis that was linked to in the article. Immersion-style versions of the albums/a box of each would be beyond awesome.

A very conscious effort was made to avoid duplication w/The Life & Crimes... box set when the Old School box set was put together. So re. any outtakes, additional material, hopefully that will be the same case here.

We'll see if SO is reissued. I'll also be buying everything that comes out.

Ted

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm

From mestreech:
"@Andy. Is the new song an original outtake or has it been reworked in this time?"

I don't have any information about that.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 am

Fingers crossed that we may get 5.1 surround versions as well.
That would be beyond awesome! The 5.1 of welcome to my nightmare is a stunner. B$B and muscle of love less so but i appreciate this was hampered by the quad mix and them just extrapolating that out.

If they did some reissues like the tears for fears, Bryan Adams recent stuff that would truly be a joy but i wont hold my breath. Needless to say i will be very interested regardless.

But more interested in the prospects of a new album, hopefully before the tour (or is that just wishful thinking?)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:56 am

Be nice if we got The Hollywood Bowl show in great quality.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:...More interested in the prospects of a new album, hopefully before the tour (or is that just wishful thinking?)
Wouldn't that be great? It does not seem likely, though. The tour starts (continues?) in two months, and so far, this is all we've had regarding any sort of an announcement. Fun fact: We are close to setting a new record for time between studio albums. As has been pointed out in this forum before, we went 5 years and 11 months between The Last Temptation and Brutal Planet. As of this typing, it's been 5 years and 5 months since Nightmare 2. (I do not count HV as a proper Cooper album.) I am prepared to wait for a well-produced and engaging album, but man am I ready. Perhaps the new Alice album will be out in time for the Purple/Cooper tour, which starts in August. I also love the fact that each of the new Cooper and Purple albums will be produced by Bob Ezrin. I love his work.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:...More interested in the prospects of a new album, hopefully before the tour (or is that just wishful thinking?)
Wouldn't that be great? It does not seem likely, though. The tour starts (continues?) in two months, and so far, this is all we've had regarding any sort of an announcement.
Well, for what it's worth (probably not much) the UK dates were announced as co-coinciding with the new album...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Si wrote:Well, for what it's worth (probably not much) the UK dates were announced as co-coinciding with the new album...

That's something I wasn't aware of. I must not have been paying attention. That seems like a reasonable time frame. There's a lot to do between then and now - production, artwork, marketing, and a ton of coordination.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:18 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From mestreetch:

From an unofficial Alice Cooper website: School's Back In. A "goofy" blues song by the original band.