Don't look now, here come The Hollywood Vampires...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Don't look now, here come The Hollywood Vampires...

Post by Si » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
After all, they could have called the band "Alice Cooper's Hollywood Vampires", but they didn't.
Bearing in mind how little we really know for sure, The album could still be under Alice's name while the band isn't, it all depends on whether the people in the band play on all the songs on the album, which it doesn`t seem like they do from what little we know.
However in live performance they would be a proper band in that they all play all teh show, If that makes sense.
There's no reason the idea of a HV band couldn`t have come after the album was done and dusted.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:15 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"There is no information on any new album after the covers album."

Actually, dadascot is correct. Alice did say there had been some writing for the next recording. Whether that turns into anything is another matter of course.

Alice says a lot of stuff.
But he said it. So that's the assumption we have to go with.

You saying he hasn't done any work on an album with absolutely nothing to substantiate it other than your ever present bitter attitude is meaningless.
So meaningless you are compelled to respond :clap:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Please do not feed the troll.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 pm

Si wrote: Another Aerosmith song? Prob Walk This Way haha. Why not just go for the biggest most well known ones. After all the whole idea is obviously to have fun and get the audience having fun too so bring out the big guns..
Personally I think 'Walking The Dog' could sound cool with AC singing. Right period as well. Just pray he doesn`t try 'Dream On' haha
I never considered the idea of Alice singing an Aerosmith tune but there's a few tunes that would sound cool with an AC delivery.

- SOS (Too Bad)
- Toys in the Attic
- Uncle Salty
- Rats in the Cellar

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:31 pm

I wonder if he will do a Johnny Depp tune.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:12 am

pitkin88 wrote:I wonder if he will do a Johnny Depp tune.
Unlikely as none of his bands or projects have had any real success, let alone hits to compared to AC or Perry.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20150214

"The Rock in Rio site also notes that the supergroup has also recorded an album together."
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:52 am

This is most definitely a Hollywood Vamires project with Alice as a chief creative force but not the only one. That's all I can say right now!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 am

Maybe this is such a big production (like in the Producers film) that he has decided to bring in commercial back up. One of the celebrity net worth pages estimates Alice's net worth as 40m dollars but Perry as 120m and Depp at 400m. If thats not enough maybe Roman Abramovich (estimated worth 12.8 billion) can play bass- although would prefer DD (who is newly listed as 3m net worth)- on the serious side I have been looking forward to the album for years and if they want to throw a live DVD in that will be ok by me for a few quid more!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:29 am

Well they're is so little real information regarding the album that it is all conjecture. We are all interpreting from scraps. I took it, and still do, that the covers album is purely Alice Cooper with lots of guest stars, some contributing more than others and that the 'supergroup' will be for a few big festivals rather than any tour and Alice will continue touring with his regular group. But hey, the one thing we have all learned is that with Alice you never know. The only certainty is that the crutch will be out for 18 regardless who is sharing the stage!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:13 pm

alicebackstage wrote:This is most definitely a Hollywood Vamires project with Alice as a chief creative force but not the only one. That's all I can say right now!
Thank you Kyler.

This project continues to get more interesting by the day!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:15 pm

dadascot wrote:I took it, and still do, that the covers album is purely Alice Cooper with lots of guest stars, some contributing more than others and that the 'supergroup' will be for a few big festivals rather than any tour and Alice will continue touring with his regular group.
Uh... I think Kyler just cleared up that this will be billed as "The Hollywood Vampires".

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:16 pm

From pitkin88:
"Alice says a lot of stuff."

Yes, he does as we all know, but you said there was "no information". The statement Alice made shows what you said wasn't correct. He may have been telling the truth or he may not have, but the fact remains that there is indeed "information".

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:20 pm

dadascot wrote:I took it, and still do, that the covers album is purely Alice Cooper with lots of guest stars, some contributing more than others and that the 'supergroup' will be for a few big festivals rather than any tour and Alice will continue touring with his regular group.
Uh... I think Kyler just cleared up that this will be billed as "The Hollywood Vampires".
Let's just wait and see, according to the last interview we still have another seven months to wait for the album and a lot can change in that time!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Well, some of the speculation regarding who will play in Rio is interesting- bass could it be Macca, and drums- well if Ringo was one of the HV drinkers then who is more suitable?- speculation can be fun- cannot see a beatles rhythm section but this "Press Release" has created some interest and some wild speculation
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:00 pm

"Alice says a lot of stuff."

Yes, he does as we all know, but you said there was "no information". The statement Alice made shows what you said wasn't correct. He may have been telling the truth or he may not have, but the fact remains that there is indeed "information".
and comimg from Akice it is meaningless so really it is no information but go ahead and spin if it makes you happy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:03 pm

recoop wrote:Well, some of the speculation regarding who will play in Rio is interesting- bass could it be Macca, and drums- well if Ringo was one of the HV drinkers then who is more suitable?- speculation can be fun- cannot see a beatles rhythm section but this "Press Release" has created some interest and some wild speculation

There's about as much chance as John and George playing as that happening.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:41 pm

From pitkin88:
"and comimg from Akice it is meaningless so really it is no information but go ahead and spin if it makes you happy."

That really is probably your most desperate reply (leaving aside the fact it confirms what you think about him, which we already knew). I suppose it's also "meaningless" that he did some writing with Alan Menken even though very little has ever been said about that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:02 am

"and comimg from Akice it is meaningless so really it is no information but go ahead and spin if it makes you happy."

That really is probably your most desperate reply (leaving aside the fact it confirms what you think about him, which we already knew). I suppose it's also "meaningless" that he did some writing with Alan Menken even though very little has ever been said about that.

You are the one who often says to take what Alice says with a grain of salt. :nono:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 am

pitkin88 wrote:You are the one who often says to take what Alice says with a grain of salt. :nono:
You don't understand something being "meaningless" (your word) with taking something "with a grain of salt"? They are drastically different.

Of course, at this point you've reduced yourself to a caricature, a bitter and sad little school bus bully who tries to start trouble every chance he gets so I think we know that most of what you post is "meaningless".