What You Want In The Limo

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

What You Want In The Limo

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Think there was a thread on this a while back but couldn't find it. Anyone read this book yet ? Just finished it myself, fantastic read, but i would be biased as they are my 3 fave groups of all time. Nice little ending when Michael Walker sums up the 3 groups 1973 tour year, saying that Led Zeppelin ranged from the best musicians in the world in some shows whilst lacklustre in others, The Who also blew hot and cold on their Quadrophenia Tour, but although not the most talented musicians out of the big 3 that year, The Alice Cooper Group were the most consistent, show after show,.....and although i am well and truely gutted i never saw the original ACG line-up,was lucky enough to make up for it in 1975, to see my 1st 3 concerts, one after the other....Led Zeppelin at Earls Court, The Who at Wembley and finally Alice Cooper at Wembley. So glad to have been bought up in this time frame 'cause imo, it was rocks finest time and to witness it 1st hand makes me feel like one lucky ol' geezer.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: What You Want In The Limo

Post by darkmenace » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:39 am

I liked the book a lot and just lent it to a friend who's a Led Zeppelin fan.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:47 pm

JJ!!!!!!!!!! How jealous I am ::((: you got to see all those shows! Never saw The Who, was going to wait in line for the October 1980 Zep concert which obviously didn't happen and didn't see Alice until 1986.
Emailed my daughter and told her I DEFINITELY want this and LOUDER THAN HELL for Bday/Xmas.
Can't wait for December :rock: :rock:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:27 pm

[quote=" The Alice Cooper Group were the most consistent, show after show,.....and although i am well and truely gutted i never saw the original ACG line-up,

Snap! I feel your pain!

So glad to have been bought up in this time frame 'cause imo, it was rocks finest time and to witness it 1st hand makes me feel like one lucky ol' geezer.[/quote]

Managed to see Alice in 1975 also, but, yup I feel much the same!
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:38 pm

jacknifejohnny, Do you mean this thread? http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... f=2&t=8305
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah, that's the one Kevin. Didn't realise to what extent Mick Mashbir filled in for Glen Buxton back in the day....bloody shame, Glen seemed such a likeable rogue.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Where did you see Alice Cherrypie ?

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Your in for a good December tuneylune, sure your'll enjoy both. Was great to see the original 4 members of The Who, remember Keith Moon getting carried offstage by his minders at the end of the concert in London, Moonie was still thrashing his drumkit, not knowing the show had ended. Was lucky enough to see Zepp twice, amazing nights. You picked a good tour to start your Alice concerts in "86 luneytune