Brutal Planet-A Masterpiece?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

man_of_the_year
Trash
Trash

Re: Brutal Planet-A Masterpiece?

Post by man_of_the_year » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I got introduced to AC with Brutal Planet... I like it. Title track and It's The Little Things are my favorite tracks on it.

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 am

Personally speaking, he has yet to top this album.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Brutal Planet by itself can beat A HUGE amount of hard rock or even metal albums released since 2000, but I think it didn't get what it deserved.
At least it got a huge album-based tour by Alice which was killer :8):

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm

I personally prefer Dragontown because it is more diverse and creative. Brutal Planet is still an excellent album but to call it a masterpiece would be a bit strectch. I use the word masterpiece when I'm talking about albums like Welcome to my nightmare, Deep Purple's Machine head and Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon.

Both albums lack a good opening song. Brutal planet(the song) is too monotonic from singing perspective and isn't musically as powerful as it tries to be. I was never crazy about it. Triggerman is actually even weaker and Alice's voice on it is terribly mixed. It just sounds so artificial and the song isn't that well written to begin with.

Welcome 2 my nightmare beats them both and has one of the best opening songs in Alice's career.