Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Boxers or briefs?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice's hair...

Post by James1981 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:23 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Boxers or briefs?
My money is on snakeskin y fronts. Didnt you ever wonder what happend to kachina!
Boomshanka

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

You should all friend the official facebook. You never know which of your questions might have a picture to answer them. ;) :rotfl:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice one Not So Perfect. I laughed out loud!! :rotfl:
Boomshanka

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Didn't realize there was a page 2 when I posted it...it *would* show up right after RI's question. That's unfortunate placement about a picture! :rotfl:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:57 pm

I generally don't care about any of this except there seems to be a container of brut in the pic..if thats shower gel I thought that died out in the 70s (if not I'm off to buy some)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:53 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Boxers or briefs?
Future Publications should be able to answer this question for you.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Robert Gerard Hunt wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
Pennypacker wrote:Why don't we just let people have their own opinions here(even if you might consider them ridiculous)? We might not all agree with him but if he feels that way and want's to share his thoughts with us then who are we to call his thoughts ridiculous?
oh how very liberal of you (reaches for the bucket to throw up!) if people talk crap they need to be challenged, can you get your head around that?
You can challenge ideas without being insulting. It's the condescending tone that I find unnecessary and unpleasant.
I found it pretty insulting the proposal that we just accept what someone says without challenging it if it is garbage, which it was.

As Si say's if someone goes over the top it will get removed and I have had comments removed in the past and probably deserved it, it's nothing personal.

"You are the only censor, If you don't like what I say you have a choice, you can turn me off"
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:42 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Didn't realize there was a page 2 when I posted it...it *would* show up right after RI's question. That's unfortunate placement about a picture! :rotfl:
And for a second I thought you were going to share some interesting photos from your private collection.

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 am

Maybe we all are a little bit overexcitement over this wonderfull ALice Cooper year this is and has been so far, haha.

They keep us bombarding with new shows / ideas / project and releases etc!!! :clap:
Please stop! My mind can't handle it anymore. :)

Now back to the topic!!

I would love to have the hair of Alice as mine is fading away. :rock:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:30 am

It seems like the original AC band has been luckier than most in the hair department. It appears that all four still have a full head of (their own) hair as they reach their mid 60's.....at least it appears that way.
That's quite an interesting point actually, and it has to be said that is quite unusual.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 am

Gunner wrote:
It seems like the original AC band has been luckier than most in the hair department. It appears that all four still have a full head of (their own) hair as they reach their mid 60's.....at least it appears that way.
That's quite an interesting point actually, and it has to be said that is quite unusual.
Indeed, the rock world by large is a magical place where no one wvwe loses their hair. Perhaps if i finally get round to learning the guitar as i have always intended i will be able to save my diminishing hairline before its too late!!
Boomshanka

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 am

Alice has great hair, great talent, what's the point of all this?

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

Si wrote:People are entitled to their opinions, of course they are, BUT if those opinions are based on incorrect information then they should be corrected.

Some posters do this in a more tactful way then others obviously. I can certainly see how people think "certain members here think they are somehow better persons" but that really isn`t it. More knowledgable maybe, but I don`t think anyone is suggesting they are a better person then someone they have probably never met. That WOULD be silly.
But to a point I agree. They should word things better.

If offence is taken, most of the time I very much doubt it was intended that way. Just because something you think (post) is silly, doesn`t mean that YOU are silly if you don`t have all the facts, and someone correcting or debating your post also doesn`t automatically mean they think YOU are stoopid, just that they think what you posted was, if you see what I mean.

To Newcomers: Yes, you can have to be a little thick skinned on here, more so then some other places maybe, BUT the point of this whole site is information, correct information. Sharing our interest in all things Cooper. However the nature of many people here is that things like Alice's hair, teeth etc really have very little relevence to the music and performances. Such things, rightly or wrongly, annoy some more then others.
I certainly agree it is a good idea to look around the site and check out some older topics before piling in with your first post. Everyone is welcome here but doing a little homework before posting can never be a bad idea. What you learn could allow you to post more informed questions and replies.
In the end there ARE other forums you can go to if you wish, but I'm betting the answers you get there wouldn't be half has informative as here, if anyone even gives you the right answer!

The bottom line is that this is MY board. I pay for it and allow people to post and use it. I (and my moderators) have the right to decide who can post and what they can post. You all agreed to that when you signed up.
In practice of course the vast majority of members never have to deal with a moderator or ever have a post removed. On occasion someone might get something removed or edited for minor infringements. Swearing normally results in editing, or if you quote/reply to a deleted post then possibly your reply would be removed as it no longer makes any sense. Just a couple of examples.

What does annoy me and other moderators is people complaining about other posters ON THE FORUMS. That is not how it should be done as stated in the guidelines. If you object to a post there is a "Report This Post" button below every post. Click it and a moderator will read your message and deal with it at their first convinience. What they decide is up to them. In major cases they would come to me to make a decision but I trust them to generally do what is in the best interests of the majority. If you believe someone has PERSONALLY insulted YOU, then use the button so we can deal with it.

Certain posters often refer to past threads about something that is posted. If this happens over and over it can get annoying, I agree, BUT why don`t people do a search before posting in case their question HAS already been answered? You can search just the forums or the whole site. If after that there isn't anything to help you by all means post the question. Having said that, just because something HAS been mentioned before doesn`t mean you can't talk about it, but at least try and have something new to add to subject.
:mb:

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 pm

You da man .......Si ! :clap:

I love Alice's hair changing over the years. It reassures me that he is human. He has to keep his color going....but the thinning is just natural and I love it. :alice:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 am

He's rather fortunate really isn't he? I mean, the character HAS to have long hair - short hair, or 'no hair' would NOT work on the character at all.

Something that is also interesting, is that, of course it is blatently dyed, but it doesn't look stupid like jet black hair does usually on a man in his 60s. Even casually, Alice's hair doesn't look 'wrong'. Whereas Paul McCartney for example..........

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Boomshanka

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:43 am

....From the inside, Pick up the bones, Take it like a woman, Teenage Lament.

Quite a few actually....

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Missed the most obvious one!
"And I played guitar in a long-haired rock and roll band"
Be My Lover