Idiots in the Crowd

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Idiots in the Crowd

Post by recoop » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Would it be correct to say that these Alice quotes came from the 70s when he was seeking to make his shocking reputation..like most of us Alice has mellowed with age imo
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I sure wouldn't try. But last year with Iggy Pop it was mayhem from the first song.
People storming the stage and stage diving. And Iggy who was going : " more, more, come on.." Thankfully it stopped after a while and then it was just a matter of trying not to be crushed to death.

But one wouldn't expect anything less from Iggy. My main problem was that my body was about one meter to the left of my feet, and it was a bit tricky not to go under :)

I still have a scar on my forearm, the fences at the Paléo have parts sticking out and always end up cutting myself on these.

The lady next to me was the same age as Iggy and she was nearly panicking at some point, but when I asked if I should call security she refused, she was too happy to see the Stooges from that close.

Great fun in any case.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Jaded wrote:
In Chick wrote:Two quotes from Alice himself:

We like reactions - a reaction is walking out on us, a reaction is throwing tomatoes at the stage, that's a healthy psychological reaction.

I appreciate an audience that reacts to the music, even if they jump on stage and try to beat us up. I think that's a fantastic reaction. I think that they're really hearing something.
The next show you go to why don't you try that and see how far you get.
I never said that I want to do that. He said that, not me.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 pm

recoop wrote:Would it be correct to say that these Alice quotes came from the 70s when he was seeking to make his shocking reputation..like most of us Alice has mellowed with age imo
I know that, I took those quotes from the net. But he still like to shock, and that's the way I like him. Alice is still Alice.

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 am

Jaded re: Poughkeepsie, I vaguely remember threatening some guy and his date who tried to stand in front of us - like he tried to "squeeze in".. Then before the Marines - in full dress uniform because they were in the wedding at the hotel that nite, came behind us, we had the bikers! Remember them?! At least THEY liked us! LOL!!! That was a rough show...Somebody actually stole Alice's vest right out of his hand...remember him yelling, "You give THAT BACK!!!" Never saw it again.
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..