Poison Uncensored

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Poison Uncensored

Post by Si » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Can anyone recall an official DVD or VHS that has the uncensored promo video for 'Poison'?
I'm sure it's on some compilation DVD of various artists but for teh life of me can`t remember which one.

18ForBritainOnly
Killer
Killer

Re: Poison Uncensored

Post by 18ForBritainOnly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

When I was around 14 I had Trash Videos on VHS. I can't recall if "Poison" is uncensored. I would think so, as the spitting scene at the end of "House of Fire" is on there, and that was censored by MTV at that time.

http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Cooper-Vide ... 6301600029

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm

I thought it wasn't on there. Can't lay my hands on it right now so really need confirmation.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm

I do not have 'Video Trash' anymore, so am unable to confirm. However, it is my understanding that it is the 'Censored' version of Poison on that particular Official video release, and this same version is also on 'The Ultimate Clip Collection' DVD.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Maurice wrote:I do not have 'Video Trash' anymore, so am unable to confirm. However, it is my understanding that it is the 'Censored' version of Poison on that particular Official video release
Yes, Video Trash only has the censored version. Uncensored versions tend to have more trouble getting distributed in the US because the US tends to have more of a problem with nudity/sex than Europe does.

veronica
Trash
Trash

Post by veronica » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 pm

I have an Australian version which has the 'bondage' scenes but not the nudity.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Well, by process of elimination I can tell you it is NOT on the following;-
VHS Video version of Prime Cuts
DVD Prime Cuts (Double Disc version) not on either
Ultimate Clip Collection

Maybe it was a Promo?

The 'unofficial' version that I have is on a video tape of a collection of old vids, many (including Poison) preceeded by the 'Rage' logo.
My God.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 pm

>as the spitting scene at the end of "House of Fire" is on there, and that was censored by MTV at that time.

This doesn't sound familiar. Are you sure about that?

18ForBritainOnly
Killer
Killer

Post by 18ForBritainOnly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>as the spitting scene at the end of "House of Fire" is on there, and that was censored by MTV at that time.

This doesn't sound familiar. Are you sure about that?
I could be wrong. The few times I saw it on MTV I don't recall the spitting scene. I thought it was a "VHS bonus" when I got the tape.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 am

glamprincess wrote:Yes, Video Trash only has the censored version. Uncensored versions tend to have more trouble getting distributed in the US because the US tends to have more of a problem with nudity/sex than Europe does.
Not sure that's it considering quite often we have big films that contain nudity/sexual content of some sort these days in the U.S. So Alice's video would be nothing really. And honestly, the uncensored version wasn't *that* great or any better than the original version.

I'm not saying a distributor isn't holding it back, but can't think that it's because of some blanket reason that we have "trouble" with nudity. If someone in distribution really thinks that then they are farrrrr behind the times.
Me = Winning

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
glamprincess wrote:Yes, Video Trash only has the censored version. Uncensored versions tend to have more trouble getting distributed in the US because the US tends to have more of a problem with nudity/sex than Europe does.
Not sure that's it considering quite often we have big films that contain nudity/sexual content of some sort these days in the U.S. So Alice's video would be nothing really. And honestly, the uncensored version wasn't *that* great or any better than the original version.

I'm not saying a distributor isn't holding it back, but can't think that it's because of some blanket reason that we have "trouble" with nudity. If someone in distribution really thinks that then they are farrrrr behind the times.
I get what you say, but remember we are talking about a release that is around 20 years old now. Different times. Different rules. I think Glam was talking 'past tense' rather than present?
My God.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Maurice wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:

I get what you say, but remember we are talking about a release that is around 20 years old now. Different times. Different rules. I think Glam was talking 'past tense' rather than present?
Thanks Maurice.

I probably should have been more clear. I meant that MTV and other US television networks (there wasn't as much cable because it was the 80s) would not really show nudity/sex on mainstream television whereas in Europe, they were more lax about showing nudity on television. I believe the "uncensored version" was televised in Europe. Ultimately the distributors of the videos in the US just used the MTV version.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

glamprincess wrote:

Thanks Maurice.

I probably should have been more clear. I meant that MTV and other US television networks (there wasn't as much cable because it was the 80s) would not really show nudity/sex on mainstream television whereas in Europe, they were more lax about showing nudity on television. I believe the "uncensored version" was televised in Europe. Ultimately the distributors of the videos in the US just used the MTV version.
No problem Glam; may be worth adding Australia to Europe - in terms of being more 'liberal' - only because I was thinking of the 'Rage' logo that I said is on my copy of the Uncensored version. It contains many other Alice vids on the same tape, and I *believe* that my copy may have orginated from Australian TV networks. Although I really cannot remember so clearly now!

This leads me to suggest that the Uncensored Video may not have been on 'General Release' as such, and was sent as a promotion to (perhaps) Cable TV networks; but that is only a guess.

I have also visually, checked "The Decline of Western Civilisation: Part II The Metal Years" by Penelope Spheeris, but I think this may just slightly pre-date Poison? Not sure. Looking at what Si remembers about it, made me think of this one as a possiblity, but only 'Under My Wheels' on that tape, (plus a few bits of Alice dialogue of course).
My God.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:42 pm

I have this version on an old VHS-tape.It was broadcasted after midnight on MTV Holland.
No official release as I can remember.
Shame as it is a very good looking girl with perfect breasts.

Eric

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:50 pm

mestreech wrote:I have this version on an old VHS-tape.It was broadcasted after midnight on MTV Holland.
No official release as I can remember.
Shame as it is a very good looking girl with perfect breasts.

Eric
I would tend to agree Eric...........on both points!
My God.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:32 pm

>the 'Rage' logo that I said is on my copy of the Uncensored version. It contains many other Alice vids on the same tape, and I *believe* that my copy may have orginated from Australian TV networks.

It would have done.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>the 'Rage' logo that I said is on my copy of the Uncensored version. It contains many other Alice vids on the same tape, and I *believe* that my copy may have orginated from Australian TV networks.

It would have done.

Ah! Thank you Andy! It was so long ago I couldn't be sure.
My God.