Album Closer

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Album Closer

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:44 pm

Evening DR. D,
There's a thread in GD about Best AC Closer. Referring to the last track on an Lp.
As artists I'm not sure how much influence/say The ACG had (or did not have) on the sequencing of their Lp's. Do you have a preference as to what song (or songs) on the LP that would have been better than the ones released as the closer? You can pick any or all ACG Lp's. :devil:
But, if you like the closer why mess with a good thing? :8):
The Clash had "Train In Vain" tacked on to the end of "London Calling" because a Promo fell through! :bam:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Album Closer

Post by Dreary » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:30 am

As I've said many times, the group decided on most every detail of our music, image, and shows.
We would crank the volume on the final mixes through the studio speakers and try everybody's ideas until we all agreed whaat was the best song order for each side of the album.
I can't think of a closer that I thought could have been a better choice. I crusaded for my ideas but never felt that our final choices were a let down. That goes for opening songs as well.
I should say that there's few things as thrilling as hearing the final mixes of your new album on pro-quality studio speakers.