Miss Axelrod

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Miss Axelrod

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:13 am

Hey Dennis,

More trivia for the weekend.

It's said that the Miss Axelrod incident referred to in Alma Mater was something Glen did. Do you happen to know any details of it?

Did Miss Axelrod or even Little Betsy ever have any comment on the song?

Thanks

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Miss Axelrod

Post by Dreary » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Vince and I had a Ferris Bueller thing going at Cortez High, and the addition of Glen made us a formidable team.
The school was new and many rules had yet to be etched into stone. We tested every loophole and Vince excelled at charming our way out of trouble.

Miss Axelrod expected all of her students to shine academically. Enthusiasm! She would yell.

We rarely did our homework, due to playing music instead, and it was impossible to slide by in her class. Turning on the charm got us nowhere. Deep down she liked our sense of humor, but she couldn't let anyone see that because she was hell-bent on being in charge at all times.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:01 am

I remember reading the CIRCUS magazine paperback on Alice Cooper where Miss Axelrod talked about having the original Earwigs in her class ("I would tease them and they would tease me") and how she was ,indeed, "impressed" by the feelings put forth in "Alma Mater".

It sounds like She was one of the Cool teachers We always hoped to get.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:39 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:01 am
I remember reading the CIRCUS magazine paperback on Alice Cooper where Miss Axelrod talked about having the original Earwigs in her class ("I would tease them and they would tease me") and how she was ,indeed, "impressed" by the feelings put forth in "Alma Mater".

It sounds like She was one of the Cool teachers We always hoped to get.
She was a cool teacher but there was always an element of fear.