"Killing the rabbit" 1969 interview

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

zzz
Trash
Trash

"Killing the rabbit" 1969 interview

Post by zzz » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Hey I'm a long time fan and I want to preface this by saying this is a genuine question and not some thinly-veiled attack or anything like that

I came across this interview from 1969, and it left me with some questions: https://alicecooperechive.com/articles/ ... opp/690900

In it the interviewee (Alice/Vincent?) says "The whole place was really tense, and we started doing the thing with the rabbit, killing the rabbit, and the bikers jumped on stage, and they really got their rocks off killing the rabbit, and we're yelling "Kill it! Kill it!", and when they were killing the rabbit they just completely lost their taste for blood and were ready to kill everybody in the place. So after they were done, they were exhausted, and we took off."

What is this referring to? Were real rabbits involved or some kind of prop?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: "Killing the rabbit" 1969 interview

Post by Dreary » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:06 pm

It was an inflated vinyl "punching bag" bunny that stood about 4' tall. It had a weight in its feet so when you knocked it down, it would pop right back up with its cute smiling face signaling that it was unharmed. The more you clobbered it, the funnier it seemed.

zzz
Trash
Trash

Re: "Killing the rabbit" 1969 interview

Post by zzz » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:32 pm

Thank you for clearing that up, i's been bothering me since I first came across that interview years ago (I was researching a paper for high school, we could write about whatever we wanted, I wrote about how influential the original AC group and the Stooges were)