Snakes and other pets

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Snakes and other pets

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:47 pm

Hi Dennis! Sorry if this was covered on your book, my memory hasn't been the greatest lately.

One of my dreams being a sick thing was to have a pet snake, which I finally convinced my wife to let me get :clap:

What was your first impression when Neal got the first Boa, and what did you think about using it on the show?

Have you ever had one for yourself, or any exotic pet?
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Snakes and other pets

Post by Dreary » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:35 pm

We were all excited about Kachina. We would visit Neal's room for feedings. Neal would dangle a rat down into the heated glass pen (a dry aquarium) while rattling off all kinds of things he had learned about snakes, especially Boa Constrictors.
The pen had a screen on top with a brick to weight it down because snakes are strong.
We were all for incorporating her into the show under Neal's supervision for safety and care. "You can't use her right after she's eaten" he'd say. And he said she might bite if she's hungry. So he monitored all aspects of Kachina's touring career. He eventually taught the roadies how to care for her as well.

Someone had tossed a 12" baby Boa on stage in Florida. The guy wanted his snake back but Cindy and I kept her because he obviously wasn't being responsible for her safety. We had Angel until she was 24" long then we took her to Brazil to live.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Snakes and other pets

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:41 pm

Thanks for the great story! I think you did have a good point on keeping Angel for yourselves :laugh:
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now