Glen's early guitar work

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

PFOLGORE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Glen's early guitar work

Post by PFOLGORE » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:52 am

I think Glen's guitar work on On Pretty's for You and Easy Action is some of his best, in terms of range of style he seemed to have a freer hand on how he played. Do you agree? and if so was that because there was less influence from the producer(s) and you guys had more control over what went on the record?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Glen's early guitar work

Post by Dreary » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:56 pm

PFOLGORE wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:52 am
I think Glen's guitar work on On Pretty's for You and Easy Action is some of his best, in terms of range of style he seemed to have a freer hand on how he played. Do you agree? and if so was that because there was less influence from the producer(s) and you guys had more control over what went on the record?
Our first two albums were recorded while we were still forging our own style. My playing style got more focused with time and so did Glen's. We worked closely together on each part of each song. We wrote our own parts and we only played what we wanted to play, although we were open to try everybody's suggestions.