Don’t Blow Your Mind

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Don’t Blow Your Mind

Post by rtbuck » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Hello Dennis! I was glancing through these pages to see if you already answered anything about this tune and didn’t see anything(sorry if I Missed it)…. Was Don’t Blow Your Mind ever going to appear on Pretties For You or Easy Action? On the recording from the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival the song is Listed as Science Fiction and has different lyrics so that’s why I was wondering if it was being reworked to appear on one of those albums… I always loved that tune and was really happy when the original single was included on the box set….once again sorry if this was answered already… Wishing all the best to you and your family…Thanks

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Don’t Blow Your Mind

Post by Dreary » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:01 pm

By the time we recorded PFY and EA, we saw "Don't Blow Your Mind" as a garage band hit and felt we had moved on to a more artistic calling.

When we decided we needed a new show closer to follow "Fields of Regret" we reworked "Don't Blow Your Mind" into a sci-fi epic. I don't think "Science Fiction" was the actual title but rather a guess by the bootlegger. I have an early setlist that lists it as "Luminary Man."

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Re: Don’t Blow Your Mind

Post by rtbuck » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 pm

Thanks Dennis!