Not a question.

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Not a question.

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Hello Dennis. I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with a question that hasn't already been asked. You know - trying to be relevant. Honestly, I simply want to say thanks. Thanks for all of your great music. It came to me later in life just how important you are to the sound. Your bass playing is... musical! You absolutely carry the whole School's Out album, which is by far my favorite. I remember reading an article about the band Extreme back in the 90's, and Pat Badger used to warm up for shows by playing your bass lines. He said something like "Love me some Dennis Dunaway." He was right! I do to.
Okay. You want a question? Here's my favorite question ever... What's in your pockets right now? Me, I've got a (virgin) dog poop bag, a screw that I need sized, and some tissues for allergy season.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Not a question.

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for all of the time and effort he has invested so far in answering all of the questions posed to him in this Forum. His replies have been - not surprisingly - very informative and well-crafted, not to mention unflinchingly honest and to the point. I consider this Forum to be a brilliant idea and I also thank those Members who have posed questions and/or provided their (constructive) views within all of the threads. Last but certainly not least, thanks to Si and the other Moderators for their efforts to help maintain the integrity of this Forum.

Ted

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 pm
Hello Dennis. I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with a question that hasn't already been asked. You know - trying to be relevant. Honestly, I simply want to say thanks. Thanks for all of your great music. It came to me later in life just how important you are to the sound. Your bass playing is... musical! You absolutely carry the whole School's Out album, which is by far my favorite. I remember reading an article about the band Extreme back in the 90's, and Pat Badger used to warm up for shows by playing your bass lines. He said something like "Love me some Dennis Dunaway." He was right! I do to.
Okay. You want a question? Here's my favorite question ever... What's in your pockets right now? Me, I've got a (virgin) dog poop bag, a screw that I need sized, and some tissues for allergy season.
My pockets are all empty, even my watch pocket, which always contains a few picks. Earlier this morning, however, I had my wallet, car keys, work gloves, and a mask for my trip to the recycle center.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for all of the time and effort he has invested so far in answering all of the questions posed to him in this Forum. His replies have been - not surprisingly - very informative and well-crafted, not to mention unflinchingly honest and to the point. I consider this Forum to be a brilliant idea and I also thank those Members who have posed questions and/or provided their (constructive) views within all of the threads. Last but certainly not least, thanks to Si and the other Moderators for their efforts to help maintain the integrity of this Forum.

Ted
Thanks, Ted. I'd also like to say that I'm happy about the questions that everyone has asked and the conversations they've inspired. This is a knowledgeable group of music lovers.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:40 pm

I realized why I don't have a lot of questions for you, Dennis. I have read your book - twice! It was a fun read, and you did a great job of describing your point of view. I was on the phone with Chris Penn recently, and I told him how much I appreciated Live From the Astroturf. The same goes to you! You all sounded so great, and it is a fantastic addition to the catalog. To me, one of the most memorable parts is the "We've been getting some requests" comment. It must have been an incredible atmosphere. I am looking forward to finally seeing the Blu-ray, as well as hearing the updated School's Out album.
All the best to you, Dennis! Thanks again for everything. Now go give Cindy a big sloppy kiss. :grin:
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.