Billion Dollar Baby Book Autographed

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Billion Dollar Baby Book Autographed

Post by livinluvin72 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 am

I’ve seen images of the book, Billion Dollar Baby, by Bob Greene on the internet (hard cover version) signed by all the members of the band.
It’s quite obvious by the comments with the autographs that none of the band is really happy with the book; to put it mildly.
How did the autographing of the book take place?
Did the guys all decide to autograph a copy and send it to Bob Greene or did he ask for your autographs?
Someone took a picture of the book with all the autographs.
Who took the picture?
How did it find its way to the internet?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Billion Dollar Baby Book Autographed

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:50 am

Piece of Dog Shit book! Is this the one you are talking about with Glens comment?

I assumed it was a fans book autographed at different times.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:04 pm

livinluvin72 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 am
I’ve seen images of the book, Billion Dollar Baby, by Bob Greene on the internet (hard cover version) signed by all the members of the band.
It’s quite obvious by the comments with the autographs that none of the band is really happy with the book; to put it mildly.
Did the guys all decide to autograph a copy and send it to Bob Greene or did he ask for your autographs?
Who took the picture?
Definitely signed at fan event(s)

The problem with Bob Greene’s book is that although well written and i did enjoy it, even though for years i refused to read it as i knew the damage it did, is that it was heavily influenced by him only really hanging out with Alice on the tour, and spending most of his time with a girl called Rebecca the band had hired, who turned out to be not very good at her job and didn't like the band criticizing her.

Bob Greene paints her as being the one that kept the band together which isn’t true.
On that whole tour Greene spent less than an hour with Dennis and Cindy who both saw her for what she was.

Bob Greene had an agenda influenced by Rebecca.

I like it as a time stamp on 1973, even though it is biased.

I know Dennis read it before embarking on writing Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:43 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:04 pm
livinluvin72 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 am
Who took the picture?
Definitely signed at fan event(s)

The problem with Bob Greene’s book is that although well written and i did enjoy it, even though for years i refused to read it as i knew the damage it did, is that it was heavily influenced by him only really hanging out with Alice on the tour, and spending most of his time with a girl called Rebecca the band had hired, who turned out to be not very good at her job and didn't like the band criticizing her.

Bob Greene paints her as being the one that kept the band together which isn’t true.
On that whole tour Greene spent less than an hour with Dennis and Cindy who both saw her for what she was.

Bob Greene had an agenda influenced by Rebecca.

I like it as a time stamp on 1973, even though it is biased.

I know Dennis read it before embarking on writing Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!
I do think Greene was a talented writer. He came to the studio in Chicago while I was recording bass parts, and he wrote a great article for the Chicago Tribune. I like his book as well but it's disappointingly focused on negative things and overlooks the band's close friendships as if he didn't get sarcastic humor. "I Hate You" is an example of that, and perhaps partially accounts for the harsh comments we wrote on his book.