Fields of regret

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Fields of regret

Post by scotty » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:51 pm

Dennis,I’ve read before that during the love it to death sessions fields of regret was revisited. If true,was this a serious attempt at re releasing it,or was it something you guys just ran through as a warm up and it just happened to be recorded? Thank you for the interactions with us fans,it’s already answered so many questions we’ve all had.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Fields of regret

Post by Dreary » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 am

We had tons of ideas coming and going. I think we considered it but it just didn't stick - likely because we already had "Black Juju" which was in a similar vein. I don't recall actually going for a real updated recording of it. That would have been nice though.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Fields of regret

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 am

One of the most interesting things about Fields of Regret is that part of it was reworked on Killer, in fact when it was played live ( for example on the Chicago Underground boot some of which is on the Old School Boxset) you can hear that part of what became the middle instrumental section on Killer.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV