5th Avenue vampires

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Rod
Trash
Trash

5th Avenue vampires

Post by Rod » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:52 am

It seems rhis band released some musicafter tje first album but you were no longer in the lineip, how cone? Was it meant to be a continuation of the Dennis Dunaway project or was it a separate idea?

Remmy
Trash
Trash

Re: 5th Avenue vampires

Post by Remmy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm

And where is it possible to buy this CD today ? (Not in digital, I'm not willing to pay for files, I'm too old for that)
I missed to buy it when it was out and it is one of the only missing pieces in my collection of ACG members music

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Rod wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:52 am
It seems rhis band released some musicafter tje first album but you were no longer in the lineip, how cone? Was it meant to be a continuation of the Dennis Dunaway project or was it a separate idea?
It began with Richie Scarlet asking me to play bass on "Fear Me" because their bassist was sick. Then their drummer couldn't make it to the session so I brought in Russ Wilson. For some reason, that caused unrepairable friction for the DD Project. Rick Tedesco used the tracks we had recorded for the next DD Project album for his solo album. So Russ and I went ahead and finished the Drawing Blood album. I booked a bunch of gigs including five shows opening for Alice. The 5th Avenue Vampires started on a second album. I think I played on three songs. All along, I had made it clear that anything Alice related would take priority. Paranormal came along, and then the Alice Cooper group were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. By then, the 5th Avenue Vampires had another bass player, and so I started working with Blue Coupe.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Remmy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm
And where is it possible to buy this CD today ? (Not in digital, I'm not willing to pay for files, I'm too old for that)
I missed to buy it when it was out and it is one of the only missing pieces in my collection of ACG members music
You can google this. They are rare and pricey.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:30 am

Dreary wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Remmy wrote:
You can google this. They are rare and pricey.
Try private messaging Russ Wilson via Facebook.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:29 am

Remmy wrote:
If you're after the Drawing Blood CD then you can get it here...

http://www.5thavenuevampires.com/merchandise.html
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order