Your Choices

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Your Choices

Post by tuneylune » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:16 am

Hello Mr Dunaway,

My wife and I went to MONSTER MANIA in March 2009 and while waiting for Michael Bruce to come to his table, We struck up a conversation with Mrs Dunaway. She agreed with Me that if Alice Cooper ever got into the Rock Hall, it should be The Group and also told us She doesn't like Suspenseful movies. An attendee was looking over Your Merch table and while my Wife was talking to yours about Moon Hollow (she has an artistic side as well), I talked with the guy, who saw Your albums on display (Both Bouchard Dunaway Smith's and BONES FROM THE YARD) and asked Me if I had heard them. I told him Yes and all three were worth getting. He told Me he only had enough for one, so I suggested the LIVE IN PARIS, as it had some classic ACG/BOC tracks and some newer compositions.

The question is, if You had to choose one ACG album and one album recorded afterwards, which ones would You pick?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Your Choices

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:18 pm

For me, choosing a favorite song or album is like choosing a favorite kid. The finished albums are what you are comparing, but the whole experience behind the making of each of those albums is inseparable for me, so it's apples to oranges.
For BDS Live From Paris, we flew the red-eye to Paris. Our hotel rooms weren't made up yet, so Joe and I went for breakfast. Joe ordered a bottle of wine, and I said, "Joe, it's breakfast!" Joe said, "Dennis, it's Paris!"
The sound and light crew at the club (about 8 people) only spoke French, and my lighting cues and Joe's mixing cues were written in English. So we found someone that could translate a bit, to tell them to forget the cue sheets and just follow their creative hearts. We did a soundcheck and Neal stayed to fine tune the drums while Joe and I went for a walk. We returned 45 minutes later and Neal was still playing. The drums sounded amazing!
That night, during the set, it was obvious that the crew had translated all of our cue sheets and everything was perfection.
But, when we got to the encore, Neal said he had run out of gas and couldn't play another song. The extended soundcheck had caught up with him.
After the set, Joe, Neal, and I climbed off the stage directly into the audience to meet people.

So, how can I compare that to another album with it's own unique experience?

That said, I like Killer and Bones From The Yard.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:35 pm

Well put, Dr. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 am

Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:18 pm
For me, choosing a favorite song or album is like choosing a favorite kid. The finished albums are what you are comparing, but the whole experience behind the making of each of those albums is inseparable for me, so it's apples to oranges.
For BDS Live From Paris, we flew the red-eye to Paris. Our hotel rooms weren't made up yet, so Joe and I went for breakfast. Joe ordered a bottle of wine, and I said, "Joe, it's breakfast!" Joe said, "Dennis, it's Paris!"
The sound and light crew at the club (about 8 people) only spoke French, and my lighting cues and Joe's mixing cues were written in English. So we found someone that could translate a bit, to tell them to forget the cue sheets and just follow their creative hearts. We did a soundcheck and Neal stayed to fine tune the drums while Joe and I went for a walk. We returned 45 minutes later and Neal was still playing. The drums sounded amazing!
That night, during the set, it was obvious that the crew had translated all of our cue sheets and everything was perfection.
But, when we got to the encore, Neal said he had run out of gas and couldn't play another song. The extended soundcheck had caught up with him.
After the set, Joe, Neal, and I climbed off the stage directly into the audience to meet people.

So, how can I compare that to another album with it's own unique experience?

That said, I like Killer and Bones From The Yard.
That's a great story about the Paris show. I truly enjoyed the Bass medley; trying to figure out the song before too much time passed.
That is a tough question and I have been in that predicament when there was only enough for one and You wanted several.
I would go with Your choices, both stellar albums.
Thank You
"I need everything the world owes me..."