Alice and Celebrities

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Alice and Celebrities

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 pm

It's well known that Alice likes to be around celebrities which goes back to the early 70's.

1) Have you ever been star struck meeting a celebrity?
2 ) Who have you most enjoyed meeting and who was the least enjoyable? I remember reading Michael thought Nillson was an A Hole.
3) Did you ever meet up with Pink Floyd again after your initial period being on the same bill?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice and Celebrities

Post by Dreary » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 pm
It's well known that Alice likes to be around celebrities which goes back to the early 70's.

1) Have you ever been star struck meeting a celebrity?
2 ) Who have you most enjoyed meeting and who was the least enjoyable? I remember reading Michael thought Nillson was an A Hole.
3) Did you ever meet up with Pink Floyd again after your initial period being on the same bill?
Hanging out with Salvador Dali was beyond cool. I was star struck but he liked me because I called him Maestro.
I've been lucky, I hung out with the Doors, the Mothers of Invention, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and on and on. Of course that was phenomenal, but that was more like admiration for fellow musicians.
Hollywood was full of celebrity sightings, but the one that stopped us in our tracks, was Leo Gorcey of the Bowery Boys. He was walking down Hollywood Boulevard with his signature hat on. We yelled, Hey Mugsy, and he said, Hiya Boys.
The last time I saw Pink Floyd was backstage in the 80's. They all looked exhausted so we didn't stay long.