You and all your friends

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Rod
Trash
Trash

You and all your friends

Post by Rod » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:20 am

Any particular story behind this song? What are the lyrics about? Were there any major changes to the song between your original version and the final version on the album?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: You and all your friends

Post by Dreary » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Rod wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:20 am
Any particular story behind this song? What are the lyrics about? Were there any major changes to the song between your original version and the final version on the album?
My original lyrics were about a band coming to a town to make a film. It was called "Films of Me and My Friends." Later on, Bob and Alice wrote new lyrics during the vocal sessions.
As for the arrangement, a few things that I thought were quite unique were changed to be more easily relatable.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Look what they did to my song ma!

How did you feel about the changes?

I really did like the faster arrangement for Fireball.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:55 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 pm
Look what they did to my song ma!

How did you feel about the changes?

I really did like the faster arrangement for Fireball.
I favor my original lyrics and arrangement but I've always been open to collaborative ideas, and the majority of the time, anything that Bob and Alice do to a song makes it better.
I wrote "Fireball" in E minor. But Alice's voice sounded better in D minor, so on the spot, we relearned it in the studio.
Later, I found out that Alice liked C minor even better, so Bob digitally transposed it via computer. Alice sang it and then they digitally transposed it back up to D minor. Perhaps that's why it wasn't performed live.