Non album songs

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Non album songs

Post by Jason » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:33 am

Hi Dennis, off the top, just want to say thank you for all the great music! Also, great book! :clap:

My questions concern stuff you guys played live that didn't make it on to albums.

Nobody Likes Me & the Alice Cooperized version of Don't Blow Your Mind, were these recorded and/or considered for inclusion on either Pretties For You or Easy Action? They certainly would've fit for sure!

When you guys were recording Love it to Death, were any takes of the long version of Is it My Body recorded and/or considered for the album?

And speaking of non-album songs, I know you guys didn't play this one live but I really love Slick Black Limousine! :rock: Great song, love Mick Mashbir's slide solo and it should have been on Billion Dollar Babies!

Thanks again Dennis!
"Same as always, different as ever"

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Non album songs

Post by Dreary » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:07 pm

In my opinion, "Nobody Likes Me" not being on Pretties For You was like "Strawberry Fields" not being on Sgt. Pepper. Not comparing us to the Beatles, but comparing how much those songs belonged on those respective albums. But the Pretties For You sessions were 2 nights midnight till dawn and we simply ran out of time.
I'm not sure why we never got around to recording our version of "Don't Blow Your Mind".
I think the "going to the graveyard" ending was created for stage after the studio sessions.