The Pretty Things....

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

The Pretty Things....

Post by Cold Room » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:21 pm

OK....you got me hooked. I will admit, I don't remember the Pretty Things, but you mentioned the Spiders did some songs put out by them back in 1965-6. (Remember, I'm from Detroit, so mid-60s music had to filter through Motown then).
I listened to some of their songs on Amazon Music and I can hear how some of their songs could have fit right into the "Spider's Sound" back then. Do you recall any Pretty Things songs you covered back then? (Did you cover any of their covers?) "You'll Never Do It Baby" would seem to fit into a Spider's show nicely! :clap:
What you want and what you get are two different things

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The Pretty Things....

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:21 pm
OK....you got me hooked. I will admit, I don't remember the Pretty Things, but you mentioned the Spiders did some songs put out by them back in 1965-6. (Remember, I'm from Detroit, so mid-60s music had to filter through Motown then).
I listened to some of their songs on Amazon Music and I can hear how some of their songs could have fit right into the "Spider's Sound" back then. Do you recall any Pretty Things songs you covered back then? (Did you cover any of their covers?) "You'll Never Do It Baby" would seem to fit into a Spider's show nicely! :clap:
This was a favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiqhUKMZWYw