Garage rock or orchestrated epics?

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tommycooper
Trash
Trash

Garage rock or orchestrated epics?

Post by tommycooper » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi Dennis

Many thanks for engaging with us like this. Really appreciated.
Alice has been talking recently about garage rock influences, but has also talked about the influences of film composers such as John Barry & Henry Mancini.If the OGs had stayed together which influences would you have wanted to shine through in later albums and why?
And which solo Alice songs/albums, if any, could you imagine the OGs having created (or wanted to!) if you'd carried on, and which not? And why?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Garage rock or orchestrated epics?

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm

tommycooper wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm
Hi Dennis

Many thanks for engaging with us like this. Really appreciated.
Alice has been talking recently about garage rock influences, but has also talked about the influences of film composers such as John Barry & Henry Mancini.If the OGs had stayed together which influences would you have wanted to shine through in later albums and why?
And which solo Alice songs/albums, if any, could you imagine the OGs having created (or wanted to!) if you'd carried on, and which not? And why?
You can also hear influences of Leonard Bernstein, Gene Krupa, Burt Bacharach, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, and others. It's mostly a matter of what we all like. Those influences are in our blood. They're a point of reference for all of us. They pop up when we think they fit in. It's not that we plan ahead on that.
As for Alice solo songs? I guess "Poison" and maybe "Feed My Frankenstein" but doing those songs my way isn't anywhere near as exciting as doing my songs my way.