fast paced life

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

PFOLGORE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

fast paced life

Post by PFOLGORE » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:18 am

Dennis,

From Love it to Death to Muscle of Love was only three years but you compressed at least five to ten years of work into that short time. Did you guys ever get a chance to sit back and enjoy your success at all during that time period? Or was it pretty much hotel rooms, buses, planes and rehearsals? Or did you enjoy that fast paced lifestyle and wanted to continue?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: fast paced life

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 am

PFOLGORE wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:18 am
Dennis,

From Love it to Death to Muscle of Love was only three years but you compressed at least five to ten years of work into that short time. Did you guys ever get a chance to sit back and enjoy your success at all during that time period? Or was it pretty much hotel rooms, buses, planes and rehearsals? Or did you enjoy that fast paced lifestyle and wanted to continue?
As for the time frame, the Beatles set the bar high by producing tons of great music in a very short window.
I'm an artist, so being able to create has always been the reward for me. All of the traveling was hard but it was a means to an end. Musicians get paid to travel, performing is fun. The problem with success is the outrageous amount of distractions. Suddenly everyone wants you to do some little favor for them. The favor might seem so little that it would appear to be ungrateful to refuse to do it. But accommodating hundreds of little favors every day, year after year, add up to the artist having no time left to be creative. And so the fans that you admire for supporting you, unknowingly become an obstacle in your ability to keep creating what they like.
That beats crickets chirping and I never want it to end.