Billion Dollar Babies Holiday Tour

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Billion Dollar Babies Holiday Tour

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:42 pm

Hey Dennis,

It's always struck me as a bit surprising that neither Never Been Sold Before nor Teenage Lament made it into the setlist on this tour. I know there's only so many songs you can play on one night, but was there any definite reason for these two not featuring?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Billion Dollar Babies Holiday Tour

Post by Dreary » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:35 am

I'm not sure why we didn't include "Never Been Sold Before" but "Teenage Lament" seemed a bit mellow and the background vocals were a bit challenging.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks Dennis.

This has got me thinking about other setlist omissions:

Hallowed By My Name from the Love it to Death tour

Desperado from the Killer tour

Generation Landslide from the Billion Dollar Babies tour

Are there any specific reasons these songs never made it in? Were any of them close to being included?

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Post by mot$$33 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Dennis—thanks so much for allowing the questions!

The Bob Greene book, Billion Dollar Baby, is an excellent read, and it chronicles this tour and some of the behind the scenes goings on. Most journalists take some liberties with their story.

In your mind, what would be something that wasn’t quite factual that you’d like the reader to know from you being there?

Thanks!

Todd

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 pm

I think we tried all of those songs in various set lists, but our choice of songs usually had to do with the flow of the set. Later on, we would be playing to crowds that weren't yet familiar with the latest album. And of course, people expected the hits and we could only fit a few new songs into the show.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:01 pm

Todd, you've switched subjects here.
I wrote about Bob Greene in my book.
I'm not the only band member that thinks Greene's book omitted the close friendships of everyone in the band, and magnified what he saw as the divide between us. He spent much of his time behind closed doors with a girl in the crew, or in Alice's room. Out of the entire tour, he only talked to me for an hour and I thought his questions were aimed at what he saw as negative things.
Other than that, he is a good writer and the book is entertaining.

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Post by mot$$33 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:55 pm

Dreary wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:01 pm
Todd, you've switched subjects here.
I wrote about Bob Greene in my book.
I'm not the only band member that thinks Greene's book omitted the close friendships of everyone in the band, and magnified what he saw as the divide between us. He spent much of his time behind closed doors with a girl in the crew, or in Alice's room. Out of the entire tour, he only talked to me for an hour and I thought his questions were aimed at what he saw as negative things.
Other than that, he is a good writer and the book is entertaining.
Much apologies! I should have started a new topic. Thanks for the answer. I bought your book when it first came out and it’s very good!