muscle of love

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

muscle of love

Post by patrick » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi Dennis
thanks for being here !
Did you feel during the making of MOL that this was it, bandwise, or did it only become clearly afterwards that the band would split ?
Some fans here find this album a lesser strong one than its predecessors while many others, including me, like it very much.
How do you look back at it ?
thanks
you really wouldn't understand..

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: muscle of love

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:22 pm

My book covers most of my feelings about MOL. I didn't think it was our final album. Alice Cooper was our group. We worked hard on that album and I'm happy with what we did. Glad to hear that you like it too.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:19 am

Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:22 pm
My book covers most of my feelings about MOL. I didn't think it was our final album. Alice Cooper was our group. We worked hard on that album and I'm happy with what we did. Glad to hear that you like it too.
I bought the "Teenage Lament '74" w/HH Alice as the 'B" side & got the Lp later that year. Yes, I was 14 at that time. Fit well with School & such & helped me to realize I would never be "Top 40"! Though I did love listening to the varied styles that were played at that time. Rock, R&B, Motown, Reggae plus a burgeoning Metal scene. Enjoyed it it all!
Especially ACG. :clap:
I do enjoy the whole Lp but, "Crazy Little Child" is my favorite! :clap:
That's an "Old School" style tune. Almost like "Sun Arise" style but an original.
Any thoughts about how that came about?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:22 pm
First thing I ever heard of it, on a tiny radio from a pirate station( radio luxembourg) was Teenage Lament 74. I read it wasn't played live 'cause maybe somewhat too mellow, but it was played live later on ( e.g. at Cabo, fistfull of Alice ).
what was the idea behind the clip (not to be found anymore on youtube) ? Was the fact that the make-up wasn't there a hint for a new direction ?
thanks for your time!
you really wouldn't understand..

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:26 pm

"Crazy Little Child" was a "Rocky Raccoon" style story but we wanted ours to sound like a band playing in a smoky beer joint. The bass lines were a stretch for me to capture that authentic jazzy blues style so I had our roadies set up an extra bass amp and I talked Jack Richardson, who I knew was seasoned in that style, into playing the song along with me. We ran through the song a couple of times, and that was enough for me to get the feel and to pick up a few nice runs.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Crazy Little Child is my favourite Alice Cooper track. i keep hoping i'll get to hear it live but i don't think it's going to happen :-D
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\