Schools Out with bonus cuts

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Schools Out with bonus cuts

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:00 am

It has been reported that the album has been remastered and has bonus cuts ( Schools Back In ). This seems to have been completed an age ago but still we wait.

1) Any idea when it will be released.
2) Are you at liberty to tell us what is on it?
3) Are you Mike or Neal consulted on any re releases or is it all down to the label?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Schools Out with bonus cuts

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:19 am

The original group members aren't consulted on re-issues. That's the record company's decision. I think the mix for "School's Back In" was finished about a year ago (when everything came to a screeching halt) and it would obviously be timely if it coincides with that actually happening. I was the only group member that joined Bob Ezrin at the mastering sessions on some of the original albums and I saw the care that went into that important process. Technology has improved since then so re-mastering is always a promising feature. And if I was in the loop, I likely wouldn't be at liberty to talk about it! - DD

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:40 am

There was a rumour that the band and Alice wanted to record a new song or two for the forthcoming Life and Crimes box set and Warners ( idiots ) passed.

1) Can you confirm?
2) If true had you songs in mind and if so what where they?
3) How pleased where you with the selection of songs on the box set? There were some odd omissions.
4) Who picked the song Miss You from Battle Axe? Great song.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:13 pm

I submitted a concept with a song that I wrote specifically for that called "Box Set". The lyrics began, Get me out of this box set, I want outta here. The package was to have a window on an asylum door through which you could peek in and see a tiny Alice in a straight jacket. I figured fans would have to buy it to let tiny Alice out.
The song had a quirky circus pipe-organ feel that would have felt at home on Pretties For You. A studio expense wasn't in the cards, but they did use a variation of my packaging concept. Nope, I didn't get any credit.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm

I was pretty happy with the song choice. I think any choice would have room for criticism concerning what didn't make the cut. I was a bit surprised that they chose "I Miss You" but it was the single and I love the song. I was especially pleased to see John Lydon citing "Luney Tune" as one of his all-time favorite songs.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Brilliant stuff! Thank you Dennis!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:58 am

Dreary wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm
I was pretty happy with the song choice. I think any choice would have room for criticism concerning what didn't make the cut. I was a bit surprised that they chose "I Miss You" but it was the single and I love the song. I was especially pleased to see John Lydon citing "Luney Tune" as one of his all-time favorite songs.
Hi Dennis,

Miss You was not the single from Battle Axe. The two 45's were Rock n Roll Radio and Too Young.