Gilligans Buffalo, NY

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Gilligans Buffalo, NY

Post by rtbuck » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time here... I didn't discover the music of Alice Cooper until 1977 when I was 14/15 years old. I especially loved the original Alice Cooper Group's music & I used to go to half price bookstores & buy old issues of Creem, Circus, & Rock Scene magazines to read articles on the band. Anyway, my older sister who is 13 years older than me told me she seen the band at a club called Gilligans(it later became Uncle Sam's when I was legal to drink at age 18)... I think she may have seen you guys twice there but she ain't got much memory from those days other than that they were wild shows(She also loved seeing Brownsville Station there as well). Do you have any stories or recollections of playing at that club??
thanks,
Bucky

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Re: Gilligans Buffalo, NY

Post by Cold Room » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:11 pm
Thanks for taking the time here... I didn't discover the music of Alice Cooper until 1977 when I was 14/15 years old. I especially loved the original Alice Cooper Group's music & I used to go to half price bookstores & buy old issues of Creem, Circus, & Rock Scene magazines to read articles on the band. Anyway, my older sister who is 13 years older than me told me she seen the band at a club called Gilligans(it later became Uncle Sam's when I was legal to drink at age 18)... I think she may have seen you guys twice there but she ain't got much memory from those days other than that they were wild shows(She also loved seeing Brownsville Station there as well). Do you have any stories or recollections of playing at that club??
thanks,
Bucky
(pssst)DD....Sept of '69 band was in Buffalo.
What you want and what you get are two different things

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:57 am

I think we played in Buffalo just a few days after the "Chicken Incident" in Toronto. If that was the venue, all I recall is that people had rubber chickens and were chanting, chicken, chicken, chicken. We weren't sure what they meant because the rumors from Toronto had beat us to Buffalo. - DD

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:56 am

Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:57 am
I think we played in Buffalo just a few days after the "Chicken Incident" in Toronto. If that was the venue, all I recall is that people had rubber chickens and were chanting, chicken, chicken, chicken. We weren't sure what they meant because the rumors from Toronto had beat us to Buffalo. - DD
LOL Thanks for that answer and it actually explains a bit for me because my sister did mention “chicken”but couldn’t really remember much as those were party days for her. She still remembers it being at Gilligans because that was her hangout